•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

IEQ 30 Pro and ASIAIR Pro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffisme

Jeffisme

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:51 PM

I think I saw something on the forum where someone was having trouble connecting the two and a cable was recommended between the RS232 connector on the hand control and the USB 2 or 3 port on the ASIAIR Pro.
After reading that, I tried it myself, after picking up the specific adapter cable with the FTDI chipset from Ioptron. According to the company, it should allow a computer (The ASI is essentially a Raspberry Pi) to talk to the mount.
Alas, it didn't work. The ASIAIR software seemed to see the mount and the cable, according to its software, and it gave me several options for the BAUD speed, but after trying them all and switching between USB 2 and USB 3, I got the same "connection failed" message every time.
Anyone have any luck with this , or are they simply incompatible?

(I can't get any response to the same question from Ioptron and so far have had no luck hearing from ZWO either)

thanks for any help,

jeff

#2 Billx

Billx

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 07 July 2020 - 02:59 PM

I have a similar setup.  Where are you connecting the RS232  cable.  It should go directly to the mount, not the hand controller.

#3 Jeffisme

Jeffisme

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 July 2020 - 04:38 PM

Yes, thank you! If she didn’t already have a name, i would name my first born after you.

thanks again, 

jeff

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics