•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Astrophotography with no sunset

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gkanse

Gkanse

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:59 AM

Hi all,

I have been living in Stockholm, Sweden for last number of years and now began to do some AP, though now in summer time, there's no proper night in Sweden and during special times no sunset at all. Now my question is that is AP even possible with such conditions? I tried my best(am very amateur though) but due to bright sky i can't seem configure my camera(Canon 6D MK II + SpaceCat) in a way that i capture DSO, the issue is that the sky is so bright that changing ISO nor Aperture have no effect, or it's negligible. 

I'm wondering is it me being new to this field who can't do this right? Is there any tricks that i can learn to do any better?

Thank you for your time

#2 vehnae

vehnae

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Finland

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:16 AM

The single most important factor in AP image quality is the darkness of the sky. And not just middle-of-the-night dark, but also free from light pollution. You'll get much better results when the skies start getting dark again in August. And if possible, try to find a dark place away from the cities where the milky way can be easily seen with a naked eye.

Here in Finland serious imaging is on hold from around April to late August. Something you get used to at these latitudes. Summer is the best time for tinkering with your equipment :-).

++ Jari

• Gkanse likes this

#3 ks__observer

ks__observer

Apollo

• Loc: Long Island, New York

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:36 AM

My narrowband band Ha ADU during astronomical twilight is equivalent to a full moon.

It is also fun to shoot brighter objects with a bluish background.

• Gkanse likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics