I know that there are other threads out there about this however a lot of them do seem older and as NINA is seemingly a relatively young program it's probably seen a lot of upgrades since then, I know there are some fairly vocal/devout users of each here I'm hoping for maybe some updated/more specific information on the differences between the two.
At first glance both NINA and SGP seem to be very very similar in what they do, various options, etc. I'm sure there are some things that SGP does that NINA doesn't, and vice versa, however it seems like for my current needs both are going to function very well for me so I'm really having a hard time deciding.
Honestly speaking I think my needs/wants atm are fairly simple:
- Framing/Mosaic help that includes camera rotation
- Sequencing that can do multiple panels in one night if I want/have time/setup right
- Mount control for the above (Needs platesolving)
- Filter Wheel control
- Good auto focus, preferably with temp control options
- Flat helper to set those exposures/control any flat panels I get down the road
Probably forgetting something there tbh, however I also feel like is a pretty complete feature list that would last awhile and anything I'm forgetting that may be a glaring thing would be covered anyways. Yet as mentioned I'm also not seeing anything there that really says "well NINA has much better X" or "this feature is only on SGP".
So what am I missing here and what currently is setting these two apart feature wise?