•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

RASA 11 to ASI6200 camera adapter w/micrometer heads

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 555aaa

555aaa

Vendor (Xerxes Scientific)

• Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Lynnwood, WA, USA

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:09 AM

I got tired of fiddling with the tiny little tilt adjuster screws for the ZWO ASI6200 camera body when using it on the RASA 11 telescope. We made an early generation adapter with precise spacing and access features for the camera's tilt adjustment screws but I decided to add micrometer heads for tilt and spacing adjustment externally. The micrometer heads are 0.5mm per turn, 10 microns per division, and an internal spring is used to apply pressure between the camera body and the micrometer heads. This currently uses the existing 54mm thread on the camera body's own tilt plate. There are threaded holes to allow for an external push-pull type arrangement to rigidly lock the camera in position once the tilt and spacing adjstments are correct. It also incorporates slots to allow you to access the RASA's lens group adjuster screws.

zwo_micrometer_adapter2_med.jpg

The adapter does allow access to the existing camera tilt adjuster screws if you want to use it without micrometer heads. An initial batch of four is already spoken for, but I will make a new batch if there is interest. Price is $850 ea with standard micrometer heads. It may have a slightly different appearance from the photo, for example the cheesy nuts that hold the brass pads will become retaining rings. If you want to be on the list, message me and I will reserve one of the next lot for you.

• lambermo, psandelle, pyrasanth and 1 other like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics