•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The Dumbbell Nebula

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JOEC.

JOEC.

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Florida

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:29 AM

Well the sky cleared up last night after about 2 weeks of junk. Managed about 45 minutes with below average transparency before it got out of hand and I had to stop. This is 23 120s subs with darks flats and bias using a QHY168C and 6" Astrograph processed in APP and PSE. I think I have my corrector set just about right now with a 3mm spacer. This is cropped but the original show very little egg shaped stars on the corners. I think the focus is good. According to APT bahtinov aid this was at if I remember about -06.

Attached Thumbnails

• dumbellweb-csc-SC-St.jpg

• elmiko, chrysalis, PhotonHunter1 and 3 others like this

#2 sunnyday

sunnyday

Cosmos

• Loc: behind you.

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:35 AM

sharp image , love the details and colors , thanks .

#3 elmiko

elmiko

Aurora

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:26 AM

If you have elongated stars in the corners your backspace is not correct. You need more backspace. Agena Astro sales a set of Delrin spacers that vary in thickness for a few dollars. Nice image by the way!

#4 JOEC.

JOEC.

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:26 PM

If you have elongated stars in the corners your backspace is not correct. You need more backspace. Agena Astro sales a set of Delrin spacers that vary in thickness for a few dollars. Nice image by the way!

Yep i have tried some and this is as close as I am going to go.. I usually do some cropping after stacking to clean up the frame edges so cropping another section around the image will not hurt. I really dislike having to experiment with this and having to test and not just image. This is the image uncropped except for cropping out the stack image edges. I do see some egg shaped stars in the corners but I can either live with that or crop.

Attached Thumbnails

• dumbelluncropweb-MONO-session_1-mod-lpc-cbg-csc-SC-St.jpg

• elmiko likes this

#5 JOEC.

JOEC.

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:02 PM

More data added about 75 minutes

Attached Thumbnails

• new_dumbellwebbbb.jpg

• elmiko likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics