•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Saturn June 29 revisited

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tulloch

Tulloch

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:31 AM

With clouds covering my part of the world, I revisited some previous videos of Saturn from a week and a bit ago and played around with the settings to see what was there. I brightened the rings a little and added a little more contrast to the disc. Oh, and just for fun I played with the levels a bit more and found 4 moons lurking just above the noise. 

So with the moons artificially brightened and enlarged, this is the final result. The moons identified are (from top to bottom) Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys and Dione.

Andrew

Image details: Celestron Evolution 9.25" SCT @ f21.0 with 2.5x TV PM, ASI 224MC, 30000 frames at 100 fps, 7500 frames stacked in AS!3, sharpened in Registax, final touches in Photoshop Elements, shown at 150% captured size.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2020-06-28-1424_1-L-Saturn_AS_F7500_l6_ap130_Driz30 SatLitLes r1g1b11 ps2sm with moons.png

• Kenny V., Az Frank, mdowns and 8 others like this

#2 sunnyday

sunnyday

Cosmos

• Loc: behind you.

Posted 09 July 2020 - 07:36 AM

superb details and colors , very nice work , thanks .

• Tulloch likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics