I just got my new mini-pc in to augment/"replace" my ASIAir and I'm currently running through the initial setup and beginning to get everything talking to each other. I think right now I have everything setup driver/program wise right now, however it also never hurts to check and see what I may be missing before moving on.
From a more overall usage standpoint I've:
- Setup my network/router with a static IP for easier RDP access
- Setup RDP on my tablet + main processing computer
- Setup a shared network drive with file sync to auto transfer/backup the night's imaging
- Ensured power configuration is proper to never sleep/turn off
- Changed active hours in windows update
- Ran windows update
- Made sure things just generally ran/were usable
From the Astrophotography side of things I've downloaded and installed:
- EQMOD (for telescope control)
- ZWO Camera Drivers and ASCOM Drivers just in case
- Stellarium (as a backup)
I've also done some base setup of various settings/preferences inside NINA for the sky atlas, image saving paths/naming, and telling NINA the location for PHD2/ASTAP. I haven't really setup my gear inside NINA yet due to it not being connected, however this should be fairly easy to do once it's connected.
Again I think this is a pretty complete initial setup ready to setup/connect the equipment, however I also wouldn't put it past me to have forgotten something because there are a "lot" of moving parts/steps/programs. E.G. when thinking about the programs initially (when thinking about the amount of PC power needed to run that is) I totally forgot about CDC/Stellarium for some reason