•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Rasa 8 auto guiding solutions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wxcloud

wxcloud

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Denver, Co

Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:11 PM

So, got the rasa 8 outside once again last night (hopefully the data is decent) and it went together a little easier (some masking tape and rubber bands helped lol) and I'm able to get images. Still seem to have a little tilt I'm trying to figure out.

Anyway I haven't been guiding, I'm trying to figure out the best solution. I got the guide system(s) to pick from, it's just going about mounting them.

I think I'm going to want to use the zwo mini guide scope since it's got a small footprint and the camera is basically focused in it. It has the mini dovetail shoe on it and also a I believe quarter 20 thread, plus a small slot, but it looks like maybe flex could be an issue. I might be able to get the Celestron piggy back adapter for it, but looks like instead of just flex, I'd have swivel.

I also have the Orion deluxe 60mm 240mm (I think) guide scope that has a very non standard dovetail, I'm not even sure the mounting screws for the rings are standard.

I did pick up the extra rasa 8 top rail.

What's going on be the best solution for guiding this rig? Suggestions? Pics?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics