•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Cepheus wide mosaic

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tkottary

tkottary

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: SunnyVale ,CA

Posted 11 July 2020 - 03:02 PM

Here is 21 panel ha mosaic with zwo1600 and cannon 200 2.8 . Total panels came up to 25 due to rotation issues . Each panel has about 5-6 hours integration. All of them were individually calibrated ,drizzled  with vark 1.5 and denoised with JR’s TGv mmt method . Finally all the panels were assembled in APP for final mosaic . Image presented here is just default stf applied to histogram .
One thing that bothers me is the black holes in all the panels . Is this just due to low snr in those regions or some thing else?

Attached Thumbnails

• C8B19F3E-98A0-4CCA-A33B-65570875F49D.jpeg

• Jim Thommes, Gregory, X-Lurker and 9 others like this

#2 vakulenko_sergiy

vakulenko_sergiy

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Kiev, UA

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:04 PM

Monumental work!

Do you plan to publish hi-res version? It will be interesting to see it in details.

• tkottary likes this

#3 jamesNewmanF125

jamesNewmanF125

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Arvada, Colorado

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:17 PM

Heya Tarun =)

Some areas just have no/minimal signal, resulting in the holes.  You can take a look at one of my favorite imagers, J-P's work, and he does a lot of ultra-wide mosaics, which have a good approximation of where signal is/isn't.  A lot of what I've seen in his work, matches up with yours in terms of spots where there just isn't any signal.  A couple examples are:

https://astroanarchy...a52bc#he5fa52bc

https://astroanarchy...a52ba#he5fa52ba

I think your integration, thus far, is great man!

• tkottary likes this

#4 Jim Thommes

Jim Thommes

Fly Me to the Moon

• ****-
  • Loc: San DiegoCA USA

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:53 PM

Wow, that's a lot of work, but excellent image.

• tkottary likes this

#5 tkottary

tkottary

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:51 PM

I will. Need another 14 nights for oiii data.

Monumental work!

Do you plan to publish hi-res version? It will be interesting to see it in details.

#6 tkottary

tkottary

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:53 PM

Thanks James :)  So this project was inspired by JP's work. It's good to know these are indeed low snr.

I also (will ) have 2x RGB data for 21 panels with Spacecat and zwo 2600 which should also cover for these areas.

Heya Tarun =)

Some areas just have no/minimal signal, resulting in the holes.  You can take a look at one of my favorite imagers, J-P's work, and he does a lot of ultra-wide mosaics, which have a good approximation of where signal is/isn't.  A lot of what I've seen in his work, matches up with yours in terms of spots where there just isn't any signal.  A couple examples are:

https://astroanarchy...a52bc#he5fa52bc

https://astroanarchy...a52ba#he5fa52ba

I think your integration, thus far, is great man!

• jamesNewmanF125 likes this

#7 scottmm2012

scottmm2012

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:10 PM

Jeez, I wish I had the patience to do something like this, and Mono to boot.   Is this a total of 5 - 6 hours or 5 - 6 hours per filter?  I'm lucky to get 2 hours of integration with a DSLR.  

#8 tkottary

tkottary

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 14 July 2020 - 03:11 PM

haha  smile.gif backyard imaging has made it easy even though i have to setup every clear night.  This is 5-6 hr Per Panel .  As of now ,plan is to image in HOO .

This is also done with dual imaging set up were I also shoot RGB data with Duo band filter . At the end , I  will have about 2x RBG data+ Ha /OIII data ie  about 430 hours

Jeez, I wish I had the patience to do something like this, and Mono to boot.   Is this a total of 5 - 6 hours or 5 - 6 hours per filter?  I'm lucky to get 2 hours of integration with a DSLR.  

Edited by tkottary, 14 July 2020 - 03:21 PM.

• scottmm2012 likes this

#9 sunnyday

sunnyday

Cosmos

• Loc: behind you.

Posted 14 July 2020 - 04:04 PM

superb work , thanks .

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics