•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Twilight 1 pier extension ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sipster

sipster

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Pa. U.S.A

Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:30 PM

Anyone  have any thoughts  on why Explore scientific  or anyone  else have not offered  a pier extension  for the Twilight  1  mount? It appears  the one ES makes is only for the Twilight  2. I know  it's  possible  to make my own, but I would much rather  buy one professionally  made for it.

#2 cookjaiii

cookjaiii

Viking 1

• Loc: Southeast PA

Posted 12 July 2020 - 09:20 PM

Check this out.  The seller is a machinist and can make things to order.  I don't know if this would work with the Twilight 1, but he might.

https://www.cloudyni...ion-for-tripod/

• sipster likes this

#3 petert913

petert913

Skylab

• Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 12 July 2020 - 11:05 PM

made in Colombia?  

#4 cookjaiii

cookjaiii

Viking 1

• Loc: Southeast PA

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:24 PM

Yep.  I bought a pier extension from him and it arrived quickly and was very well made.  He was very responsive by email and is able to alter details such as thread size upon request.  He has LOTS of great feedback going back to 2016.

• sipster likes this

#5 sipster

sipster

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Pa. U.S.A

Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:52 PM

Check this out.  The seller is a machinist and can make things to order.  I don't know if this would work with the Twilight 1, but he might.

https://www.cloudyni...ion-for-tripod/

Thank you for the contact info.

#6 jcj380

jcj380

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Hellinois

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:45 PM

Not to sidetrack too much, but I put my TW 1 head on a Manfrotto tripod with a geared central column.  No extension needed (haven't actually measured, but I think it cranks up about 3 feet) and I can put any mount on it as long as it doesn't exceed capacity and there's some way to mate it to a 3/8-16 bolt via adapter or whatever.

I kept the TW pod, but haven't used it since I got the Frotto.  

• sipster likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics