•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AstroSurface : software for images and video processing

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#101 surfwheel49

surfwheel49

Lift Off

• Loc: Florida

Posted 22 March 2021 - 04:53 PM

Yes,

this trouble is very strange.

Delete AstroSurface folder and install last version : AstroSurface QUASAR.

May be something went wrong when dowloaded previously...

Lucien

http://astrosurface.com/

I deleted the previous installation and zip file Downloaded the program again. Put it in its own folder. Unzipped it. Ran it again. Same error message with no preview of a stacked image. Tried different process methods and the same results. Ran this as administrator also. Baffles me. 

--->  Please wait :     Multi-Points ...
--->  TO STOP :    click the title bar 'Analyze-Register' then press keyboard ' Suppr/Delete '
--->  Please wait :   Multi-Points  1/5 done  ...
ERROR_C :  in SaveMatToFile  writing  C:/Users/Richard/Desktop/Aligned/2020-09-27-0018__100r_48T_500reg.png

#102 surfwheel49

surfwheel49

Lift Off

Posted 22 March 2021 - 04:58 PM

Delete program and reinstall, just sounds like something went wacky, only thing different is I save as png, I have no problems with windows 10 so I bet a reinstall and reboot should fix you

Ok. I found the issue I think. I use Avast Anti Virus. I disabled it and ran the program. I seems to work fine with that disabled. Maybe a fix later or I may be able to tell the Anti Virus program to allow changes? If I can I will let you know. Thanks a lot for the time you spend developing this! 

#103 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: South Carolina

Posted 22 March 2021 - 05:09 PM

Glad to hear.... was trying to look up some info and was getting ready to ask if you were running something called mat lab on your computer because I had never heard of a matfile..... but regardless it does seem program conflict was the answer, glad it’s working now

Ok. I found the issue I think. I use Avast Anti Virus. I disabled it and ran the program. I seems to work fine with that disabled. Maybe a fix later or I may be able to tell the Anti Virus program to allow changes? If I can I will let you know. Thanks a lot for the time you spend developing this! 

#104 surfwheel49

surfwheel49

Lift Off

Posted 22 March 2021 - 05:18 PM

Glad to hear.... was trying to look up some info and was getting ready to ask if you were running something called mat lab on your computer because I had never heard of a matfile..... but regardless it does seem program conflict was the answer, glad it’s working now

OK. In Avast you can add exclusions in the settings. I excluded the .exe file and it did not work. I excluded the Aligned folder and it worked fine. My only concern is will the Aligned folder always be in the same folder as the captured video or can I make one Aligned folder that all of my stacked videos will go to? That way I can make the exception for just the one folder. Thanks again!

****UPDATE*** I added the exclusion to the folder where all of my videos are saved. That way it created a new Aligned folder for each capture session. It seems to wok with this set up in case anyone else starts having this issue. 

Edited by surfwheel49, 22 March 2021 - 05:29 PM.

#105 surfwheel49

surfwheel49

Lift Off

Posted 22 March 2021 - 05:33 PM

Hi,

the message is when AstroSurface cannot write the result file in the disk.

Probably this is due to Windows user rights.     ( Here you video file is in the Deskop an a folder Aligned is made by AstroSurface )

Test 1 :

You can to connect as Windows system administrator.

Test 2 :

Try to open an image file and save it in the folder Aligned that is in the Deskop.

What happens ?

Lucien

Hey again Lucien. Read the previous conversations think I solved my problem. Anti Virus software!! Thanks again.

Edited by surfwheel49, 22 March 2021 - 05:33 PM.

• LucienP likes this

#106 LucienP

LucienP

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: LYON France

Posted 23 March 2021 - 11:56 AM

Hey again Lucien. Read the previous conversations think I solved my problem. Anti Virus software!! Thanks again.

I am happy.

I remember now the same trouble, one year ago but i forgot it !

Good work now. smile.gif

Lucien

• surfwheel49 likes this

#107 R Botero

R Botero

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Kent, England

Posted 24 March 2021 - 08:26 AM

Lucien - thank you again for developing and maintaining AstroSurface!  I used Quasar overnight to align, stack and sharpen some lunar images.  Great results (for my seeing wink.gif )!

Roberto

https://www.astrobin.com/lfkzua/0/

fc8r_hCenZq3_16536x0_85166Htd.jpg

• roelb and LucienP like this

#108 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 24 March 2021 - 09:53 AM

Very nice images Roberto, still awaiting clear skyies to go out again, I did process some daytime Jupiter with astrosurface a little over a week ago using my 462c with a 850nm ir filter

Attached Thumbnails

• A81C2A74-605B-46F5-AE9C-615E469A0890.jpeg

• R Botero, roelb and mikela like this

#109 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 01 May 2021 - 05:58 PM

Just a heads up, Astrosurface was updated a couple of days ago, quasar2 , downloaded no issues

• mikela likes this

#110 LucienP

LucienP

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:33 AM

Just a heads up, Astrosurface was updated a couple of days ago, quasar2 , downloaded no issues

Thanks a lot !

There is no revolution with QUASAR 2. One bug solved in déconvolutions and some internal improvments.

Main evolution REDSHIFT will be mainly for Deep-Sky. I'm working for this ; a big job to do !.

Lucien

• GSBass likes this

#111 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 03 May 2021 - 11:43 AM

Great, a new refractor will arrive in a week or two so I’ll be learning some deepsky this summer and so redshift will be great to learn with

Thanks a lot !

There is no revolution with QUASAR 2. One bug solved in déconvolutions and some internal improvments.

Main evolution REDSHIFT will be mainly for Deep-Sky. I'm working for this ; a big job to do !.

Lucien

#112 vvars

vvars

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Kos, Greece

Posted 04 May 2021 - 10:28 AM

Mate are you gonna implement field rotation compensation in new version? 

Something like winjupos? That would be great improvement! (i think i saw a hint in your site)

#113 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 04 May 2021 - 11:03 AM

That would be interesting , have not learned wjnjupos but have seen it used on planets, I was thinking it was not field rotation though, just compensation for planet rotation

Something like winjupos? That would be great improvement! (i think i saw a hint in your site)

Edited by GSBass, 04 May 2021 - 11:04 AM.

#114 vvars

vvars

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Kos, Greece

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:45 PM

Hmm true, i think thats a different thing indeed. But would be a nice addition to AstroSurface for planet processing hehehe

• GSBass likes this

#115 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 04 May 2021 - 03:49 PM

I would definitely vote for that…. But guessing it might be too much for Astrosurface to include…. I did look at it but the learning curve seemed pretty steep

Hmm true, i think thats a different thing indeed. But would be a nice addition to AstroSurface for planet processing hehehe

#116 LucienP

LucienP

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 07 May 2021 - 01:05 PM

That would be interesting , have not learned wjnjupos but have seen it used on planets, I was thinking it was not field rotation though, just compensation for planet rotation

Sorry !

I mean field rotation not planet rotation. WinJUPOS is a very good tool for planet rotation !

Fied rotation register is for deep-sky : mainly when azimutal mount is used.smile.gif

Lucien

• GSBass likes this

#117 pastorgalactico

pastorgalactico

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: SPAIN

Posted 12 May 2021 - 02:11 AM

Hello;
I would like to start using this program because I have read very good things about it but my English is not very good and I have to translate everything into Spanish and that is why I would like to be able to use astrosurface in Spanish if I could.
Is it possible to use Astrosurface in Spanish?
Sincerely;
J.Tapioles

#118 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 12 May 2021 - 06:21 AM

I do not know Spanish but ran a basic instruction list through a translator…. If you can understand it then you should be able to use the program , will just be a matter of knowing which buttons to press. 

1) archivo- importar ser o avi
2) haga clic en analizar / registrar
3) ahora tienes una ventana de 4 paneles, cada panel es un paso, así que tienes que ir en orden
4) el primer panel es detectar, haga clic en detectar disco, dibujará un cuadro alrededor de su planeta
5) tienes que hacer doble clic en el planeta, luego se resaltará el siguiente panel
6) haz clic en analizar
7) una vez que haya terminado el análisis, puede hacer clic en el gráfico para seleccionar los fotogramas que desea apilar o simplemente pasar al siguiente panel, si continúa, hará el 50% de sus mejores fotogramas
8) el siguiente panel le permite elegir la alineación global o seleccionar la alineación de píxeles, yo uso píxeles y está bien comenzar con lo que se muestra como predeterminado, así que ahora haga clic en establecer y verá cuadrículas en la parte superior de su planeta
9) luego se ilumina el panel final, simplemente haga clic en pila
10) una vez realizada la pila, se guardará automáticamente en un archivo alineado en cualquier programa de captura que esté utilizando.
11) cierre su vista previa y analice las ventanas y comience de nuevo
12) archivo- abrir
13) seleccione el archivo que acaba de guardar
14) su imagen apilada está en la pantalla, así que ahora solo haga clic en wavlets
15) tendrás que dibujar un cuadro alrededor de tu planeta, jugar con todos los controles deslizantes y simplemente ver cómo tu planeta se transforma, una vez que estés satisfecho, haz clic en hacer todo
16) ya está listo para guardar o continuar con otro procesamiento de imágenes, hay muchas cosas que puede hacer, pero esos son los pasos básicos para llegar allí

Hello;
I would like to start using this program because I have read very good things about it but my English is not very good and I have to translate everything into Spanish and that is why I would like to be able to use astrosurface in Spanish if I could.
Is it possible to use Astrosurface in Spanish?
Sincerely;
J.Tapioles

#119 pastorgalactico

pastorgalactico

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 12 May 2021 - 08:19 AM

Hello;
  Currently I have been helping Torsten to be able to use the Firecapture 2.7.04 beta in Spanish and for that he sent us a .jar file to be able to translate it and put it into the firecapture so that it can work in Spanish.
I wonder if something similar could be done with the Astrosurface?
Sincerely;
J.Tapioles

#120 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:39 AM

I’m sure it’s possible but not really necessary, there is little documentation or reading required, mostly just buttons and sliders that you follow in order, I know that may not be ideal for different languages but it is doable… now that I know the layout and workflow I could operate the program in any language

Hello;
  Currently I have been helping Torsten to be able to use the Firecapture 2.7.04 beta in Spanish and for that he sent us a .jar file to be able to translate it and put it into the firecapture so that it can work in Spanish.
I wonder if something similar could be done with the Astrosurface?
Sincerely;
J.Tapioles

#121 pastorgalactico

pastorgalactico

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 12 May 2021 - 09:46 AM

Hello;
For those of us who speak Spanish, there are many of us around the world and it would be very helpful to be able to put it in Spanish.
We are more than 585 million Spanish speakers around the world and it would be appreciated if it could be used in Spanish.
Sincerely;
J.Tapioles

• LucienP likes this

#122 GSBass

GSBass

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 12 May 2021 - 10:18 AM

Was only saying that until that is possible the program can still be used because language is not a barrier, ie the wavlet button would still be labeled wavlet

Hello;
For those of us who speak Spanish, there are many of us around the world and it would be very helpful to be able to put it in Spanish.
We are more than 585 million Spanish speakers around the world and it would be appreciated if it could be used in Spanish.
Sincerely;
J.Tapioles

• LucienP likes this

#123 LucienP

LucienP

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:07 AM

Hello,

I fully understand this language barrier.
AstroSurface is a tool still in development.
I hope that one day it will be in final version and I will consider translations.

Lucien

#124 pastorgalactico

pastorgalactico

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:25 AM

Hello;
When you decide to implement more languages I will be happy to help with the Spanish translation.
Greetings.
  • LucienP likes this

#125 dpastern

dpastern

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Posted 05 June 2021 - 07:19 AM

What a nice piece of software Lucien!  I've only had a quick play with a test image and wavelets, but it produces very nice results imho.  Seems stable and has tonnes of features.  

• LucienP likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics