•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SharpCap sees ZWO cams but not Neximage10

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 speedster

speedster

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: Abilene, Texas

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:06 AM

I pulled out the Neximage 10 to shoot Jupiter and SharpCap wouldn't find it unless I ran a cable directly from camera to laptop USB port.  Normally, CGX-L, focus motor, Starsense, and other cameras all go to powered USB hub on the mount and then the hub is hardwired to a laptop.  SharpCap has no problem with ZWO cameras in this configuration but won't see the NexImage 10 through the hub.  Any idea why?

#2 james7ca

james7ca

Cosmos

• Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 13 July 2020 - 03:32 AM

You're lucky, I have Celestron Skyris camera that I purchased a few years ago and the only software that ever worked with it (and just barely, you have to hold your breath when making any adjustments) is Imaging Source's rather odd and quirky IC Capture program. SharpCap nope, Firecapture nope, Sequence Generator Pro nope.

That said, I've had problems with other manufacturer's cameras when dealing with USB hubs (or if NOT using a hub) so I don't think such problems are that unusual. You might want to try a different USB cable and keep said length under the guidelines for USB2 or USB3 (depending upon which connection you are using).

Edited by james7ca, 13 July 2020 - 03:35 AM.

#3 Tapio

Tapio

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: Tampere, Finland

Posted 13 July 2020 - 04:28 AM

My understanding is that Neximage driver software is not very good.

Maybe their iCap software will work.

#4 TorstenEdelmann

TorstenEdelmann

Viking 1

• Loc: Landsberg, Germany

Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:16 PM

I'd also try the latest TIS driver: https://www.astronom...icwdmuvccamtis/

Torsten

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics