•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Two Issues with APT and EQMOD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 snake512

snake512

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:03 PM

Hello all,

I have 2 issues that I would appreciate your help with. I have an HEQ-5 pro mount and I just started using APT. I downloaded the ASCOM drivers from the skywatcher website and the ASCOM 6 platform. I am connecting the mount to the laptop through the Synscan hand controller using a USB to the printer-like port on the hand controller. When I connect on APT, it says "connected to sky watcher driver, unrecognized model #56". I can still control the mount through APT and the tracking seems to be working, but I was wondering if this is something that I should worry about.

Another problem is that if I try to connect through EQMOD, the EQMOD interface flashes up for a second then disappears. Someone else mentioned the same problem but I could not find the fix. I tried re-installing EQMOD twice but with the same result.

I would really appreciate your help.

#2 descott12

descott12

Vendor - Solar Live View

• Vendors
  • Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:51 PM

This may just be sematics, but you don't really "connect through EQMOD". You connect with an app like APT and it opens EQMOD to interface with the mount. If it is working as expected, you connect with your app of choice and the EQMOD dialog box should open to allow you to slew, etc. You don't open EQMOD directly.

I don't have any insight into the #56 error as I only use the EQMOD driver

• jdupton likes this

#3 alphatripleplus

alphatripleplus

World Controller

• Moderators
  • Loc: Georgia

Posted 14 July 2020 - 09:40 AM

Moving this to Astronomy Software & Computers for a potentially better fit.

#4 MikeECha

MikeECha

Mariner 2

• Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:20 AM

As Dave said EQMOD is a driver (like the Skywacher) that has to be called to action by an app like APT. 

But first you have to set up the driver. Have you run EQMOD tool box and register? There you set your COM port parametres, your location and other things.

With that done and successfull connection to with the mount, then you select EQMOD as the scope in APT.

• jdupton likes this

#5 snake512

snake512

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 July 2020 - 09:00 PM

Thank you guys. I will try running the toolbox and register. I will keep you updated.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics