•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Lunar images from Dunedin NZ Using 8 inch F20 Mak.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 larrytOMC200

larrytOMC200

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: New Zealand

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:32 PM

Hello all,

I had an enjoyable time on the 2nd of July observing the moon from my back garden in Dunedin NZ. The seeing was quite steady and I could see a lot of detail using my OMC 200 mak. (Orion Optics UK 8 inch F20 mak). I decided to get a few images, so I thought I would post a couple.

I was pleased with the Plato shots as I resolved quite a few craterlets, which I have wanted to do for a while now. As an aside, I found an old 12.5mm Kellner eyepiece which I had totally forgotten about. (Had it for around 30 odd years now).

I popped that in the focuser and was amazed at the crisp contrasty viewing I was experiencing. Guess that eyepiece has come out of retirement now! Anyway, keep well, keep safe and clear skies.  Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• 07_08_09Z 2nd July Plato and Alpine Valley.jpg
  • 07_17_04Z 2nd July 2020 Clavius.jpg

• Kenny V., KidOrion, John_Moore and 10 others like this

#2 jahnpahwa

jahnpahwa

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Canberra, Australia

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:53 PM

Wonderful detail! Much processing on these, or straight outta the tube?

Cheers, and hoping you're staying safe and well, too :)

JP

#3 jrkirkham

jrkirkham

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 14 July 2020 - 09:09 AM

That F20 MAK got you in there close. I always marvel at high detailed lunar shots. Thanks for posting.

#4 larrytOMC200

larrytOMC200

Messenger

• topic starter
  • Loc: New Zealand

Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:36 AM

Hi all,

I try and do as little processing of the images as possible. I only ever use registax with some wavelet adjusting and perhaps some gamma adjustment, that about the limit for me. (Never been shown how to process an image, just fiddle around until it looks pleasing and natural to me). Keep well all.  Larry

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics