•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sequence Generator Pro Location Error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wboeck

wboeck

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Nebraska

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:12 PM

Just recently during plate solving, I have been getting a message of location error greater than 150 px. It keeps going on and on for 6 attempts and then fails. I have ended up deleting sequences and creating new ones using the Mosaic Wizard and it still fails. Then all of a sudden it works. This seems to have happened after I upgraded to the newest version. This is getting annoying.

Attached Thumbnails

• error fail.JPG
  • rotator error3.JPG

#2 OldManSky

OldManSky

Skylab

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:41 PM

All of your attempts show the same RA and DEC pixel errors (+- 1 or 2 pixels).  So it looks like the mount is NOT slewing after a solve to recenter.  It's not moving, it's staying in the same place and solving over and over and over again.

I don't use SGP (I use NINA), but is there a setting somewhere you need to turn on to enable slewing to re-center?  Is there a rate to use to do that re-centering (2x, 4x, etc.)?  Those settings might have been lost when the new version was installed...

#3 buckeyestargazer

buckeyestargazer

Vendor - Buckeyestargazer.net

• Vendors
  • Loc: IN, USA

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:46 PM

Does your mount use a pointing model?  If so, over time that model can be inaccurate and so SGP tells the mount to "go here" and the mount thinks it went "there" but in reality it's a bit off.  Try clearing the model and don't use a model going forward.  

If that's not the problem then I suggest you post your logs on the SGP forum.

#4 Frabog

Frabog

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Kontich Belguim

Posted 14 July 2020 - 02:00 AM

Best
I assume that you are using ASCOM and EQMOD to get your mount to work with SGP in which case make sure that automatic pier flip is disabled in EQMOD and also turn mount limit off in EQMOD if these are on you have both in SGP and NINA problems.

#5 wboeck

wboeck

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 14 July 2020 - 04:33 PM

All of your attempts show the same RA and DEC pixel errors (+- 1 or 2 pixels).  So it looks like the mount is NOT slewing after a solve to recenter.  It's not moving, it's staying in the same place and solving over and over and over again.

I don't use SGP (I use NINA), but is there a setting somewhere you need to turn on to enable slewing to re-center?  Is there a rate to use to do that re-centering (2x, 4x, etc.)?  Those settings might have been lost when the new version was installed...

I was having problems getting SGP to get a Plate Match. It just kept searching. I started using Astrotortilla to Platesolve. Then SGP quickly seemed to get Pate Matches. Maybe that is why it did not move RA and DEC?

Edited by wboeck, 14 July 2020 - 04:37 PM.

#6 wboeck

wboeck

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 14 July 2020 - 04:34 PM

Does your mount use a pointing model?  If so, over time that model can be inaccurate and so SGP tells the mount to "go here" and the mount thinks it went "there" but in reality it's a bit off.  Try clearing the model and don't use a model going forward.  

If that's not the problem then I suggest you post your logs on the SGP forum.

I will probably go to SGP forum. I like Cloudynights better

#7 wboeck

wboeck

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 14 July 2020 - 04:35 PM

Best
I assume that you are using ASCOM and EQMOD to get your mount to work with SGP in which case make sure that automatic pier flip is disabled in EQMOD and also turn mount limit off in EQMOD if these are on you have both in SGP and NINA problems.

I am using ASCOM and EQMOD for SGP. I will check those parameters. Thanks

Wayne

Edited by wboeck, 14 July 2020 - 04:36 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics