•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ASIAir issues with flats and bias

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sthater

sthater

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:10 PM

I have been using my ASIAir successfully for the last few months both with iPhone and an android emulator on a Windows 10 PC.  The last week brought issues with both.  With the iPhone, I usually WiFi to the ASIAir from the iPhone and it connects instantly.  I have a Meade LX85 mount that I use the Meade LX75 choice and it has worked flawlessly for the past two months. This last week both the PC and iPhone experienced issues.  When I try to use a Dark, all seems okay, but when I try to add a Flat, is says that I need to add a Bias frame and won't let me add the Flat without the Bias.  This wasn't required before.  Additionally when I capture the image, the camera (ASI 294MC or ASI 290MC) loses connection as it tries to download the image.  I can only acquire images with no added frames or Dark only.  In addition it sometimes has an issue with the mount and tracking with the guide scope and camera (ASI 290 mini) loses the RA axis and only corrects in DEC.  Any ideas what has caused this fiasco?  Thanks,

Stacey

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics