•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Has anyone ordered a 6200mm from Aliexpress website?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Wileyglance

Wileyglance

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:55 PM

https://www.aliexpre....41ed1646oZ3pkB

they say they have 10 in stock, anyone have experience with shipping/customs ordering from them to the United States?

Edited by Wileyglance, 14 July 2020 - 06:28 PM.

#2 petert913

petert913

Skylab

• Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 14 July 2020 - 06:30 PM

I'm not a fan of AliExpress.  Lots of negative press. 

Why not just buy it from ZWO or any number of solid USA dealers ?

• Jim Waters, psandelle and Sandy Swede like this

#3 Jim Waters

Jim Waters

Skylab

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA

Posted 14 July 2020 - 07:01 PM

The In-Stock may be Off-Shore and up to 45 days shipping.

#4 dhaval

dhaval

Vendor

• Vendors
  • Loc: Round Rock, TX

Posted 14 July 2020 - 07:34 PM

It really depends who is selling on Aliexpress - it is nothing more than a marketplace for various vendors. You have to do your research when buying on that platform. Based on the link you provided, it seems like the sellers are ZWO themselves. Just click on the contact option and verify if they are ZWO and if they do have cameras in stock. 

Shipping, in these times, is a different proposition though. You may want to ask them about shipment times. Most dealers here in the US are saying they wait about 30 days for their shipment especially from ZWO (less for QHY apparently). 

Another thing that you can do is, verify on their Facebook page, or like Peter says, just buy from their website. If they have availability on AE, then they have availability in their stores as well.

CS!

#5 imtl

imtl

Viking 1

Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:52 PM

I just wanted to tell you I had a LOT of trouble with Aliexpress vendors in the last four months. Due to the pandemic everything is a real mess and shipping is just really bad. I would not purchase anything from there in the near future until things settle down. 

#6 tomb18

tomb18

Vendor - AstroRotor

• -----
  • Vendors

Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:57 PM

I ordered mine from Agena Astro a few weeks ago. I just waited until they had stock, then placed the order. Got it in two days.
Seems they order for stock. They sold all 5 in about 2 days.

#7 R Botero

R Botero

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Kent, England

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:29 AM

I got my ASI2600 and today I’m receiving an ASI462 from AliExpress. I’ve had 8 ASI cameras now. Mostly bought directly from Sam at ZWO. For the 2600 I tried first all the UK retailers I could contact but none had it in stock and many didn’t even know when they were getting it. It took a week to get it from China via DHL; I bet I’d still be waiting for one if I had bought locally. I bought from Telescope & Accessories. I have no affiliation to them whatsoever besides buying the above two cameras recently. 

Roberto

Edited by R Botero, 15 July 2020 - 02:29 AM.

#8 leviathan

leviathan

Viking 1

• Loc: Azerbaijan

Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:39 AM

I haven't ordered 6200MM from them yet, but they wrote me few days ago that they finally have it and EFW 7x50 in stock (since I asked them many times). Have bought EFW 7x36, EAF and few other staff from them before, they are great sellers and ship fast via EMS.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics