•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Es80ed + az gti mounting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Droro

Droro

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 July 2020 - 01:33 AM

Hi
I have the alt/eq firmware on the az gti. The es 80ed has a fixed dovetail and mounting on the right means the finder bracket is on the bottom plus it's necessary to rotate the focuser every time. Has anyone had thus or a similar combo and found useful solutions? Thanks.

#2 Cometeer

Cometeer

Vanguard

• Loc: SF Bay Area, California or Illinois

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:37 AM

I had used an ES 80ed on the az-gti (az/eq firmware as well). Mounting the scope to the right of the mount meant the finder was in the 2 o’clock position. 

No way around rotating the focuser. I kept it permanently turned 90*. It only takes seconds though.

You can get an L bracket to mount the scope with the dovetail on the bottom, but this adds unnecessary weight and weakens stability.  

Edited by Cometeer, 15 July 2020 - 02:37 AM.

#3 Droro

Droro

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:49 AM

Yes, I thought about the L bracket, thanks for the warning. Thought to reverse the firmware, but it's off the website.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics