•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tracking Neowise

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 niktnowy

niktnowy

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:55 AM

I was wondering if there is any way I could track this Comet with ZWO Asiar based software? If not what would be the best way to do so?
Currently I use HEQ5-Pro mount.

Thank you

#2 OldManSky

OldManSky

Skylab

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 16 July 2020 - 11:20 AM

While the comet is not moving the same direction/speed as the apparent motion of the stars, it's close enough that for imaging purposes, just using normal sidereal tracking is fine.  It would only be a problem if you're going to image it for several hours (which isn't likely).

If instead of "tracking" you mean "finding" it...

Go here:

https://theskylive.com/c2020f3-info

It will tell you the RA/DEC coordinates of the comet at any time.  You can enter your location data if you want to -- but that's not necessary to get RA/DEC coordinates (which are the same anywhere).  Doing so *will* tell you when it rises above your local horizon, etc.

Get the coordinates.  Type them into the place to GOTO specific RA/DEC coordinates.  Have your mount GOTO those coordinates.  Done.

For the ASIAIR, enter the coordinates Target: RA() and DEC() boxes below, then hit GOTO.

Attached Thumbnails

• asiaircoords.jpg

• Hypoxic likes this

#3 niktnowy

niktnowy

Sputnik

• topic starter

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:41 PM

@OldManSky - Thanks a lot.  That is amazing news,  Thank you

• OldManSky likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics