•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

meade lx65 mount

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 donald41

donald41

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: bartlesville oklahoma

Posted 16 July 2020 - 09:41 AM

i have been looking a this mount with interest. going with smaller scopes because of my age and size, i guess you just have to make adjustments in life as one gets older and health factors in to. i have the se mount and its very portable and its not pin point accurate all the time but a lot better then star hopping in the city. with the meade mount you can mount two scopes on it and the altitude has a clutch so you can balance the scope. i have a question about the mount for those who has one of these mounts or a meade mount with similar alignment procedure. going on you tube for meade instructions, its some what similar to the se mount. the instructor on the video talked so fast that i could not understand parts of the alignment. the part were you turn the scope to true north, is this done automatically with to mount computer or do you do this manually with a compass. thanks, don     

#2 donald41

donald41

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:45 PM

would the moderator please sent my topic to the " meade computerized telescopes forum" i should have placed it there in the first place. i probably would get a answer there a lot faster because i am trying to figure out rather to buy it or not and find out the + and - of the mount. thanks, don

#3 Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson

Ranger 4

• Loc: Stockholm, NJ

Posted 16 July 2020 - 07:19 PM

If you go to the High Point Scientific site and check the lx 85 moun, in the files section you can download the instruction manual. According to what I read it makes no difference either magnetic or true north.

#4 donald41

donald41

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:09 AM

thanks chris for he reply. don

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics