•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CGX and PHD2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MikiSJ

MikiSJ

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:45 PM

When using PHD2 should I use the USB connection on the CGX mount or use the connection with the HC?

Edited by MikiSJ, 30 July 2020 - 08:00 PM.

#2 Woody218

Woody218

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Bismarck, ND

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:39 PM

Hand controller. The USB port on the mount is for CPWI.

#3 MikiSJ

MikiSJ

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:44 PM

Thank you for your quick reply.

What is confusing me is that I have CPWI started with the mount connected with the mount's USB port. If I then go to PHD2, Connect Equipment, the CGX mount shows up as "CPWI (ASCOM)" in the mount list and when I click connect, PHD2 says I am connected.

Also, when using SGPro, the mount also shows up and connects using the "CPWI" choice. I know the CGSX manual says to use the HC port when using any program other than CPWI.

Edited by MikiSJ, 30 July 2020 - 10:01 PM.

#4 RazvanUnderStars

RazvanUnderStars

Viking 1

• Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 30 July 2020 - 10:02 PM

CPWI controls the mount but also exposes itself as an ASCOM mount to other programs, such as PHD2, SharpCap and so on, which can control the mount as well. I've used CPWI and PHD2 but never with the hand controller which stays on the shelf at home.

#5 Seiten

Seiten

Lift Off

Posted 01 August 2020 - 06:33 PM

You can use either the USB direct to the mount or mini-USB thru the HC.  Just make sure you choose the correct option when connecting through CPWI.  Ive used all three connection types (WiFi is the third) and PHD2 will send the mount the guidance corrections through all connection types.

I currently prefer the Wifi connection due to CPWI issues in using SSA.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics