•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

William Optics 32mm UniGuide scope

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SETIsteve

SETIsteve

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 31 July 2020 - 01:41 AM

Just received my William Optics Zenithstar 73 and man is it a beauty, sitting atop the AZ GTi. Will step up to guiding in the next few months once the bank account recovers from the $1500 or so just spent to get started, but wondering if there are any thoughts on this little scope? Seems to be new, but wondering if 32mm is enough or just stick with the 50mm? Worth the extra $50 for the extra 18mm? Obviously would like to stick to WO and keep the look going, even if gold, like my z73, is out of stock currently.

https://williamoptic...uide-32mm-scope

Also considering this one, comparable specs.

https://optcorp.com/...3MaAlNEEALw_wcB

Edited by SETIsteve, 31 July 2020 - 02:08 AM.

#2 Cometeer

Cometeer

Vanguard

• Loc: SF Bay Area, California or Illinois

Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:49 AM

That 30mm WO guidescope must be new. Wasn't there a month ago when I was searching for 30mm guidescopes.

Stick to the 30mm. For the image scale you are likely working with, the 50mm just adds unnecessary weight to the AZ-Gti. The Z73 itself is pushing that mount's weight limit for AP.

Guiding will be pretty important at the pixel/arcsec that your scope/camera combo will be at. It's an inevitable purchase, so might as well purchase it now rather than later and you can avoid the headache.

Edited by Cometeer, 31 July 2020 - 02:53 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics