•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Need help in Raleigh / Durham area with etx125

Meade
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bbradford

bbradford

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:08 PM

Purchasedo meade etx125 used.  It seems to work but now dreaded motor fault.  It will slew some times but usually nothing either way. 1st owner never set scope up to use autostar. Drives have not been trained . I knew nothing when I got this and just tried using it. Any ideas?  I've tried everything I can find on Internet but still motor fault.  Thanks Bryan

#2 laixiaolue

laixiaolue

Vostok 1

• Loc: USA

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:27 PM

Did you try reset the hand controller? It should be in "setup" -> "reset". Then you set the mount type to "ETX125".

#3 BoriSpider

BoriSpider

Soyuz

• -----
  • Loc: S.W.FLA

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:28 PM

Don't know much about this series but I do have a site that might help some. Maybe not this issue but general info specific to this scope line. Weasner's Mighty ETX site.

#4 sg6

sg6

Cosmos

• Loc: Norfolk, UK.

Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:31 PM

What are you using for power. Batteries are not a good idea, a good 12v center positive 2 amp mains DC supply will possibly be better.

Maybe odd but when you switch it on if it give Motor Error, switch off at the ETX switch wait 5 seconds and power it back on. Seem to recall that cured my "motor error" report. I always had the idea there was a race condition occuring.

Also seem to recall it was reported the first time a handset was plugged in. I have 3 handsets and I think I have one set with home location, one with outreach location. When I swapped handsets that motor error was reported. Think I just let them talk for a while powered off, powered on then entered data.

Do seem to recall thinking that they used "Motor Error" almost as a sort of general something is wrong (not right) error message.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics