•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Accessory plate for Stowaway?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rocket Ron

Rocket Ron

Ranger 4

• topic starter
  • Loc: California

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:11 PM

For you Stowaway owners, which accessory plate are you using attached to the top of the scope?  I'm looking for a plate that can use the AP slider bars, like the 7-inch SB0800.

#2 peleuba

peleuba

Vanguard

• Loc: North of Baltimore, MD

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:31 AM

For you Stowaway owners, which accessory plate are you using attached to the top of the scope?  I'm looking for a plate that can use the AP slider bars, like the 7-inch SB0800.

I use the same bar that's on the bottom.  I am not looking to mount anything on top - I mostly use it as a handle.  I purchased an extra one at the time I purchased my scope.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0379 (Medium) (1).JPG

Edited by peleuba, 03 August 2020 - 11:32 AM.

• niteskystargazer, Rocket Ron and gozer like this

#3 DaveHume

DaveHume

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Virginia, US

Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:28 PM

I use the SBD12 to mount to my Mach1 and use the V bar SB0800 that came with scope for accessories and as a handle. If I need more room I can always flip it around and use the 7" V plate on the mount the Losmandy plate for accessories :) 

The SBD12 was recommended to me by AP due to the fact that it raises the scope slightly for potential clearance issues I might encounter.

• gozer likes this

#4 Paul G

Paul G

Cosmos

• Loc: Freedonia

Posted 03 August 2020 - 01:00 PM

I use the same bar that's on the bottom.  I am not looking to mount anything on top - I mostly use it as a handle.  I purchased an extra one at the time I purchased my scope.

I did the same, makes a great handle.

• peleuba likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics