•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Part of the Pelican Nebula / WIP / Question on narrow band

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 meegja

meegja

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: The Netherlands

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:10 PM

My first go at a nebula like this with my Meade LX65 8" f/10 ACF scope. Just a tiny part of the Pelican Nebula and very much a work in progress.

This is captured with an Optolong L-Pro filter.

The first image is processed in Photoshop in a bit conventional way, the second one I did some more stretching and color enhancements to get more data visible. Bit overdone but just wanted to see what is possible smile.gif

Both images are just roughly processed.

My plan is to do also a session with the L-eNhance which is H-Alpha, H-Beta and OIII. And then merge this with all the L-Pro data.
But I am wondering if that will have a noticeable effect? Or is it just better to keep collecting data with the L-Pro?

Meade LX65 8" f/10 ACF OTA
Ioptron CEM25EC mount (no guiding)
Optolong L-Pro filter
Zwo ASI294MC Pro camera

Captured with SharpCap @ -10 degrees Celsius / Offset 4 / White balance R50/B50
200 x 60 sec / Gain 121

Stacked in DeepSkyStacker with 10 darks + 40 flats + 40 dark flats

Processed in PS: Levels, (lot of) Curves, Shadows/Highlights, color strengthening. Astronomy Tools actions: Contrast enhancement, noise reduction.

normal.jpg

pelican1.jpg

• Starman27, lbim, jeremiah2229 and 3 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics