•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Computer Issue- Memory, Storage,... I don't know. Need a whiz kid.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 lakeorion

lakeorion

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Lake Orion MI

Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:04 AM

I can't think of a computer in my house, except for the two work laptops, that I haven't put more hard drive in to it.

Time to get out the screwdriver, make a Newegg order, and quadruple the hard drive space.

#27 ChrisWhite

ChrisWhite

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Colchester, VT

Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:19 AM

I can't think of a computer in my house, except for the two work laptops, that I haven't put more hard drive in to it.

Time to get out the screwdriver, make a Newegg order, and quadruple the hard drive space.

See post 4

https://www.cloudyni...kid/?p=10386723

#28 santafe retiree

santafe retiree

Viking 1

Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:22 AM

I find this statement interesting.  Almost as if there was some sort of bound error that voyager remembered from the last session only allowing it to utilize the space from the previous session.. not realizing that the NEW session had more space available.  Like something didnt purge when the session ended. 

I went back and looked and on the night that I did actually run out of space mid session I had about 4.1GB of data.  Then the next session when I had about 8GB of space actually free, voyager ran into the write problem at... well... you guessed.. once the same amount of data was written. 

Maybe the reinstall cleared this error?  I really have no idea what I'm talking about, but I reinstalled voyager (actually there was an update available anyway).  This along with Leo helping me to change settings to write to another drive.. I should be all set!

PS-  I also LOVE voyager.  Array is so cool.  Being able to run a piggyback is great.  I am hoping that I can collect RGB data with the OSC and spend all my time wiht mono collecting LUM.  If I am happy with these results that would result in an epic data collecting machine.  Luminance at f3.6 and OSC RGB data at f2.8!!!  10 hours total would be really deep indeed!

Glad you got it solved Chris -- the files you were writing were only 16MB and that was another reason why I doubted it was a disk space issue -- Cheers,  Tom

#29 ChrisWhite

ChrisWhite

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Colchester, VT

Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:48 AM

Glad you got it solved Chris -- the files you were writing were only 16MB and that was another reason why I doubted it was a disk space issue -- Cheers, Tom

Thanks Tom. Yeah. It really didn't make sense. Fyi. The files being written by the arrsy scope were the same. Three partial writes

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics