•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

focus motor

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 numchuck

numchuck

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Antonio, Texas

Posted 01 August 2020 - 06:49 PM

Hey All , I've been imaging with an ExploreScientific ES127 fcd 100 . It came with a 2 and 1/2 inch "hex" focuser  ; but keeping focus consistent throughout the night has been a challenge ; and its motion has always felt a bit "notchy" ; but I just installed an ESX25 focus motor , built by Optec . Jeff had told me that it would significantly improve the focuser' performance ; and I'm happy to report that , it did exactly that . The motor's gear train has given my stock focuser a solidness , and precision . While I image , I monitor the FWHM scores of each frame and adjust focus , as needed , to keep everything within the limits ; but it's always been hard to keep track of exactly where I set the rack , and in which direction to go next . I'm hoping this new setup will make things better and save me some valuable time 🙂 p.s. sorry for causing clouds .

Edited by numchuck, 01 August 2020 - 06:50 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics