•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter on a night I'd rather forget too! - 08/01/2020

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dcaponeii

dcaponeii

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:09 PM

Weather forecast was very good but a bunch of high thin clouds moved in just after astronomical dusk.  Pain in the behind.  Seeing gradually declined during the night rendering my Saturn and Mars imaging pointless.  I did manage to get a decent Jupiter image.

This is 5 20% stacks derotated in WinJupos.  I took the advice of many on the forum and worked with 60 - 80% histograms last night instead of the 25 - 40% attempts I had been making earlier.  This did seem to produce better results.  Also found that as suggested focusing using a low gamma value on FC was helpful as well.

2020-08-01-0339_2-U-L-Jup_3xAS_206147wpspdr.jpg

• eros312, WarmWeatherGuy, roelb and 2 others like this

#2 Foc

Foc

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: South Canberra

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:17 PM

Good that you got something. High altitude cloud has been a real problem here too.

#3 dcaponeii

dcaponeii

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:16 PM

Good that you got something. High altitude cloud has been a real problem here too.

Fingers crossed tonight is looking better!!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics