•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter grab before the big blow....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 pgandy

pgandy

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: South Florida, Lat 26.34

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:23 PM

During hurricane prep last night I noticed the first relatively clear sky in weeks....as luck would have it. So I decided to take advantage of it and set up for a quick grab. As you can see in the radar/sat image (blue dot) at my location we were already starting to get some spin off from Isaias. But I couldn't resist. We haven't had too many clear nights.

1400HD

7300 FL

ASI290MM, 1.6x Barlow

Three sets each of R,G,B, 10k-12k frames @ 70-90s each, each channel.

Sharpened, derotated and combined, minimally processed in PS

I took another set at native FL but the upper winds were starting to get messy. By the time I moved over to Saturn the clouds were streaming in.

Tonight its Quarantini's, a cigar, and watch the blow.

IMG_0469 pst.jpg

Be safe,

Paul

Attached Thumbnails

• 2020-08-01-0345_8-Paul-RGB ps 75 pst.jpg

Edited by pgandy, 01 August 2020 - 07:25 PM.

• Sunspot, Achernar, Kenny V. and 14 others like this

#2 Sunspot

Sunspot

Cosmos

• Loc: Surprise, AZ

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:28 PM

That is great!!

#3 Foc

Foc

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: South Canberra

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:44 PM

Thats dedication to the art! Imaging between hurricanes smile.gif

#4 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Gemini

• ***--
  • Loc: sebastian fl

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:45 PM

That looks vaguielie familiar  as I only live a rednecks short distance from you north in Sebastian ansd I also took advntage you can see an almost identiv=cal image in my post lol > as for tonight already got some drizzle and 1 or2 minuets of heavy rain. no thunder as typical the media is scaring the people raw 

#5 Achernar

Achernar

Voyager 1

• Loc: Mobile, Alabama, USA

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:59 PM

Very nice!

Taras

#6 pgandy

pgandy

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted Yesterday, 09:08 AM

That looks vaguielie familiar  as I only live a rednecks short distance from you north in Sebastian ansd I also took advntage you can see an almost identiv=cal image in my post lol > as for tonight already got some drizzle and 1 or2 minuets of heavy rain. no thunder as typical the media is scaring the people raw 

Right? I think this one is more of a media event than a storm event locally....but good to be prepared. Waiting to see what’s on the back side of it, usually we get a few good nights after the storm passes. Nice post! I was kicking myself for going out the same night you did. Didn’t think I would have another shot before the weather.

Thanks all for the comments!

Paul

#7 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Gemini

• ***--
  • Loc: sebastian fl

Posted Yesterday, 04:35 PM

my hurricane prep is making sure i have enough gas to go up the block to get to cucumberland farms and pick up a chicken burrito. I think it would take a truly devestating cat 5 hovering in one spot locally for days to shut everything down. asif=de from wind it may even clear up buy 10 or 11 tonight. i think theres a grs transit some time.

I looked at your image again. I have both 224mc and 290 and realized with the 2x barlow and acdc corrector the 290 with its smaller pixel size is over sampling. The 224 seems to over and ove do a much better job and despite having a crack on my sensor i still use it over the 290 i have to figure how to attach the Barlow lens directly to the adc corrector to shorten the fl a bit

#8 pgandy

pgandy

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted Yesterday, 06:32 PM

yep. mine is oversampled with the 1.6x. Below is the second shot from the same night when conditions were going downhill. This one at FL 4200ish, no barlow.

2020-08-01-0414_9-Paul-RGB PS pst.jpg

Red.JPG

Edited by pgandy, Yesterday, 06:34 PM.

#9 sunnyday

sunnyday

Cosmos

• Loc: behind you.

Posted Yesterday, 07:05 PM

nice work , thanks .

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics