•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mars - July 27, 2020

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yock1960

yock1960

Aurora

• topic starter
  • Loc: (Crossroad of clouds) Ohio, USA

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:40 PM

Yes I did have a good July, thank you! From an opportunity perspective, it was more like Fall, but the weather was Summer and now we are in a summer wet phase and it's looking like the end of the week before I'll get back out, but it could be sooner or later. I decided to drizzle this session 3x and then resampled them at 50%. The images are 4x2 minutes and 5x2 minutes respectively and about an hour apart.

Steve

Attached Thumbnails

• Mars_2020-07-27-0757_1-L.jpg
  • Mars_2020-07-27-0851_8-L.jpg

• Sunspot, Kenny V., jim kuhns and 16 others like this

#2 KiwiRay

KiwiRay

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Seattle, USA

Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:49 AM

Another excellent pair of images, Steve. Looks like Ohio is rivaling Seattle for great seeing. It can't last like this, can it?  I'm just waiting for the seeing to go south...or forest fire season to start here.

• yock1960 likes this

#3 DMach

DMach

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: The most light-polluted country in the world :(

Posted 03 August 2020 - 03:37 AM

Another fine result Steve!

• yock1960 likes this

#4 yock1960

yock1960

Aurora

• topic starter
  • Loc: (Crossroad of clouds) Ohio, USA

Posted 03 August 2020 - 05:32 AM

Another excellent pair of images, Steve. Looks like Ohio is rivaling Seattle for great seeing. It can't last like this, can it?  I'm just waiting for the seeing to go south...or forest fire season to start here.

My seeing is usually good....except when it isn't! wink.gif Honestly, it's such a variable 'commodity' that it's impossible to characterize. Just enjoy the moments!

Where there's fire, there's smoke...which is bad! I know last year we're in a plume from far off fires...subtle, virtually impossible to see with the naked eye, but detail stealing! I've seen a few smokey days here locally, but not often...thankfully! I guess that's  a fact of life out there...with varied and strong opinions associated with it!

Steve 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics