•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Attaching eye piece or Camera without diagonal

accessories Celestron cassegrain equipment eyepieces
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 arshadwm

arshadwm

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Houston

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:53 PM

Hi. Can nylons guide, if I want to attach my eyepiece or Barlow to a 2 inch barrel of Celestron Cpc 1100 Edge HD without DIAGONAL. which adaptor do I need ? I tried but there is a requirement of adapter With male thread to be attached to the telescope but I don’t know which one. Thank You. 

#2 Starman1

Starman1

Vendor (EyepiecesEtc.com)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Posted 03 August 2020 - 04:22 PM

It's called a " 2" SCT visual back ".  You can do a Google search and come back with a thousand sites.

It's a tube with a female 2" x 24tpi thread on one end and a smooth bore 2" on the other with a thumbscrew or click lock to tighten the inserted accessory down.

They range in price from about $20 to over a hundred depending on how fancy you want it to be.

This "straight through" attachment of an eyepiece is always used for collimation of the scope.

And most 2" diagonals can slide right in and easily be turned to one side for a convenient eyepiece position when the scope points low.

Just bear in mind, in the straight-through position the image will be completely upside down.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, Celestron, cassegrain, equipment, eyepieces

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics