•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SSAG PRO freezing problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zachfink

zachfink

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Blacksburg, VA

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:54 PM

Hello! I am having a strange issue with my starshoot autoguider pro that I couldn't find anywhere else. Long story short, I received one for free from here because the user was having difficulty with it and just bought an asi camera instead and told me that they were having issues with this one. I have been messing around with it for a while now and keep having this issue with the connection/focusing. I have been trying to use Astrocap to start with (but also have PHD2 and have a ridiculous amount of noise/have the same issue) to focus it. It seems to just freeze after a couple of frames and while it is covered by warranty still, I would love any kind of advice before I pay for it to be shipped/looked at by Orion. Occasionally it works for 30 seconds before freezing. 

Here is what I have tried:
1) Changing the cable

2) Changing the order in which I open/plug in everything

3) I have uninstalled and downloaded everything 100x

I am VERY much a beginner and this is my first time trying to use an autoguider so I might be missing something basic. I am running it on a very good laptop (10th gen i7 and Windows 10) so I don't think it is that. Any kind of help or advice would be really appreciated! Thanks and clear skies!

#2 bignerdguy

bignerdguy

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Lewisville, TX

Posted Yesterday, 07:28 PM

Question, when you say it freezes, does it unfreeze after a short delay if you let it sit?  The recent Windows 10 2004 update has caused some issues and i found with both my SSAG and my DSLR both running on USB it does the same thing after just about every read and exposure operation.  See the thread here if you have this same issue:

https://www.cloudyni...astro-software/

Edited by bignerdguy, Yesterday, 07:28 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics