•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sh2-135

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 schmeah

schmeah

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Morristown, NJ

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:14 PM

Sh2-135 is an emission nebula approximately 4,500 light years away in Cepheus. This target has virtually no OIII content, so I shot it as HaLRGB. I'm not a big fan of HaLRGB imaging, as I always seem to be disappointed with the results. I seem to lose so much Ha detail and wispy nebulosity when I combine it with the color, no matter which combination I use. Anyway, thanks for looking.

https://pbase.com/image/170922073

Derek

Sh2-135HaLRGB new small.jpg

• R Botero, elmiko, bobzeq25 and 3 others like this

#2 bobzeq25

bobzeq25

ISS

Posted Yesterday, 12:07 AM

Nice image.  I've done a few narrowband plus broadband images.   The processing always takes me forever.  I could not do it without the very sophisticated NBRGBCombination script in PixInsight.  Some really excellent imagers developed it, and it's very adjustable.

• schmeah likes this

#3 schmeah

schmeah

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Morristown, NJ

Posted Yesterday, 06:52 PM

Thanks Bob. I still can’t bring myself to committing the time to learn PI. I think in the future I’ll just avoid targets that have no OIII component. They seem like they have so much promise after the Ha run, then after the broadband addition ... meh

Derek

• bobzeq25 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics