First time posting here, apologies if covered elsewhere but no direct hits from searching....
I have a new Celestron Astro Fi 5, (some great tips on this forum about updating firmware, which might solve a few intermittent connectivity issues) my question is has anyone successfully used StarSense with this particular scope?
My understanding from Google and Celestron's YouTube videos is attach the StarSense (replacing the finder scope) and connect via aux port.
1. Is anyone using StarSense with Astro Fi 5?
- celestron website lists Astro Fi Series as compatible, but clicking on Astro Fi in the compatibility list doesn't show my scope, other Astro Fi scopes are shown.
2. Assuming it is compatible, youtube video doesn't mention using the handset, looks like you simply connect via WiFi and use the sky portal app, is this correct?
- nice explanation on how to calibrate, but is there more to it?
3. Would anyone recommend my purchasing a pre owned / used / second hand StarSense?
- if so, any reputable websites / dealers etc come to mind? Or is it safer to pay full price?
4. (now I'm just being greedy) any advice for improved magnification? Anyone using a barlow with Astro Fi 5
- very little light pollution in Oxfordshire countryside, am I bonkers considering a 5x barlow from amazon?
Thanks in advance.