Salient Features of the Meet Star Gazers mobile app:
- Interactive map to share and participate in stargazing events in our respective regions by geolocating the user.
- A light pollution map built in partnership with the Light Pollution Science and Technology Institute.
- A visual cloud cover map in partnership with Meteoblue. Meteoblue is a source of high quality weather data worldwide. Meteoblue was initially developed at the University of Basel in Switzerland and quickly became popular with scientists and and astronomers.
- Hourly weather forecast for one week for the user’s position to plan observation sessions in advance.
- Lunar and solar ephemerides for one month.
- Hourly weather forecast for each stargazing event.
- Adding a stargazing event to one’s telephone calendar.
- Driving itinerary to every stargazing location with Google Maps or
- Invite friends to a stargazing event by email or Whatsapp.
- Simple dedicated messenger channel for each stargazing event.
Meet Star Gazers has been thoughtfully developed to serve the needs of astronomy clubs and observatories that run outreach activities, amateur astronomers who want to observe together with other fellow amateur astronomers from their region or for observation with friends and family.
I will be more than happy to do a presentation of this app by Zoom or Skype, if you are interested.
Edited by Sujay, 07 August 2020 - 03:37 AM.