•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mosaic in Voyager

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Eric Horton

Eric Horton

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:47 PM

I'm trying my first mosaic and just doing simple two pane.  I really want to understand the process so I can be productive with it this winter.  I have used the web FOV tool to frame, created a roboclip, went to Search & Survey, created the sequence.  Everything looks fine, it brings in slot 1 and 2 etcc.

I have 90 second sub and just do three for right now.  No matter the settings, it will start with pane1, take three 90 second subs and instead of moving to slot two it just continues taking slot1.  If I didn't stop it I would have an all nighter of slot 1 and nothing of 2.  

I'm sure this is a stupid setting somewhere but I can't find it.  I have played with the repeat loop mode, sequence mode, etc.  Nothing.  

has anyone seen this or is someone will to share their mosaic sequence so I can see where I am going wrong?

Thanks

Eric Horton

#2 GeneralT001

GeneralT001

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Nanaimo, BC

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:18 PM

Have you posted this to the Voyager forum??

https://forum.starkeeper.it/

#3 Eric Horton

Eric Horton

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:32 PM

Yes.  I never got an answer.  It just doesn't make sense as to why it will not flip to pane 2 or 3, etc.

#4 GeneralT001

GeneralT001

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Nanaimo, BC

Posted 04 August 2020 - 12:01 AM

Yes.  I never got an answer.  It just doesn't make sense as to why it will not flip to pane 2 or 3, etc.

I would email Leonardo Orazi (Voyager developer) at pegaso0970@hotmail.com 

He will answer.

• psandelle likes this

#5 Eric Horton

Eric Horton

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 04 August 2020 - 12:06 AM

I did and here is my response.  I have to admit, I did not understand it.  My interpretation was he told me what it should do but didn't address the what it is doing.  Here is what he replied

Sequence is made by 2 slot of 90 sub of 90s ... so finished the first slot of 90 go with the second slot of 90 of 90s
Sequence Elements
[1] Type=LIGHT (0) - Exp[s]=90 - Filter= (0) - Bin=1 - Speed=Default (0) - ReadOut=Default (0) - Num=90 - Gain=0 - Offset=0
[2] Type=LIGHT (0) - Exp[s]=90 - Filter= (0) - Bin=1 - Speed=Default (0) - ReadOut=Default (0) - Num=90 - Gain=0 - Offset=0

If you not stop will finish the second slot of 90 and passing to the second panela and doing 90sub of 90s plus 90 sub of 90s

I continue to play and have learned something interesting.  Going back to my original example of 2 panes.  90 second sub repeat 90 times.  It will take 180 of pane one and then move to pane 2.   I then created a 2x2 panel mosaic but did 30 second subs repeat once.  Just to make it shorter.  It took 4 30 second subs and then moved to pane2.  So I see the pattern but not sure how to fix that.

#6 Eric Horton

Eric Horton

Mariner 2

• topic starter

Posted 04 August 2020 - 12:30 AM

OK, I finally figured it out.  Here is where I went wrong

Since I had 4 panes, I figured I had to defined exposures for each of the panes.  So, that left me with 4x of everything.

I changed it to only define exposure once and it applied to each of the panes and cycled correctly like one would expect.  So, only define 1 exposure settings not 1 per pane

• psandelle likes this

#7 yzhzhang

yzhzhang

Viking 1

• Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 04 August 2020 - 01:44 AM

Glad you find out. 

If you want to shoot Pane1*N, Pane 2*N, Pane 3*N .... then repeat (Pane1*N, Pane 2*N, Pane 3*N ....) for X times, you need to:

in the main menu where you set filter, exposure, etc., set "Repeat" to N

In "Target --> Running Options", set "Repeat Loop Mode to "Repeat X times" (I usually just set it to Infinite Loop here).

• Eric Horton likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics