•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mars - 2020-08-02 744UT

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 anismo

anismo

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Austin, TX, USA

Posted 03 August 2020 - 10:20 PM

I  waited for mars to pop up above the tree line but it was past 2:30 AM and couldn't stay awake any longer 🙂. 

The planet was only at 15 degrees and that made the seeing pretty bad. However, due to the brightness, it is easy to get high frame rates that helps beat the seeing.  This will be a much better endeavor early in the morning instead!

Three videos of 3 minutes in length were stacked in Autostakker3 (5% of 31k frames in each of the videos) and sharpened in Registax and De-rotated in WinJUPOS and resharpened in Registax.  Color balance done in Registax . Saturation/Curves in Photoshop. This is one of those times where I saw improvement due to the de-rotation and not see any weird artifacts (Saturn was the worst.. Never could get a good derorated result . Always some edge artifacts).

Hardware: AP900 Mount, C14 XLT, Televue 2.5x Powermate, ZWO ADC, ZWO ASI290MC-cool (cooler was not on).

2020-08-02-0744_2-RGB-Mars_e01111000_ap150_DEROTATED.jpg

get.jpg?insecure

• Pete Gorczynski, yock1960, eros312 and 12 others like this

#2 troyt

troyt

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Australia

Posted 04 August 2020 - 01:54 AM

good image waytogo.gif

• anismo likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics