•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

CPWI StarSense User Auto-Align Creation Tool

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HockeySocky

HockeySocky

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 August 2020 - 12:25 AM

I have noticed in CPWI's StarSense menu there is a selection for User Auto-Align Creation Tool. When you run the tool it displays a circular grid representing the sky on which you can click 4 points for your desired StarSense User Auto-Align procedure. So I clicked on 4 points corresponding to sky areas that are not blocked by trees in my yard and then saved the points in a .sua file on my laptop. So my question is, where in CPWI do I load this saved User Auto-Align file? I do not see anywhere in the menu system for performing a StarSense User Auto-Align.

#2 skaiser

skaiser

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: dallas Texas

Posted 04 August 2020 - 07:14 AM

If you select starsense auto align 

it will then give you the option to use your user auto align file.

when selected, this will open the directory where the “sua “ file was saved and you select it .

note you can have multiple “sua” files to choose from if you want.

take care

#3 Rac19

Rac19

Surveyor 1

Posted 04 August 2020 - 07:34 AM

As per post #2, it's the same as the "sua" file that you have the option to create after completing a StarSense Manual Align. I use it because I know where the scope needs to point, there's no need to actually do a manual align.

#4 HockeySocky

HockeySocky

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 August 2020 - 10:43 PM

Thank you both. I went back and tried it again tonight and it worked like a champ. What was throwing me off was that I would get to the StarSense Automatic dialog and there were 2 options: Ready or Calibrate. I figured that if I clicked Ready it would go and attempt a full StarSense Auto Alignment, but lo and behold I was then given 3 options: Use Default 4 Points, Custom Points, or Load Custom Points. So I clicked Load Custom Points, selected my previously created .sua file, and off it went to perfectly slew to my 4 tree-free areas of the sky.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics