•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Everything on backorder...so frustrating!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zacdilone

zacdilone

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:45 AM

I finally save up enough money to buy a decent scope and get started in this hobby in a proper way...and it seemed like everyone is out of stock and backordered right now!

Is this normal? Or a result of COVID issues? Maybe lots of people are getting into the hobby to pass the time?

Anyone else frustrated by this?

#2 Midnight Dan

Midnight Dan

Voyager 1

• Loc: Hilton, NY, Yellow Zone (Bortle 4.5)

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:48 AM

Definitely a result of Covid.  China had the same issue we did a while back.  Businesses closed down, shipping came to a stand-still.  They're starting to catch up now, but it will be a while before the flow of goods is anywhere back to normal.

-Dan

#3 Jim Davis

Jim Davis

Aurora

• Loc: Lewisberry, PA

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:49 AM

There is a thread already on this issue: https://www.cloudyni...-much-in-stock/

#4 KTAZ

KTAZ

Viking 1

• Loc: Scottsdale, AZ

Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:03 AM

I guess there is a positive side for those of us wanting to grab some used items...eventually the dam will break and second hand gear will become readily available as folks finally get their orders filled and need to clean house!

But the wait is just as annoying.

• elmiko likes this

#5 VegasAl

VegasAl

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Henderson Nv

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:56 PM

It seems like all the online stores got shipments of the ZWO stuff yesterday and today..... including the ASIAIR pro. 

I picked one up and also a ZWO camera to go with it.

#6 F.Meiresonne

F.Meiresonne

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Eeklo,Belgium

Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:24 AM

Indeed COVID issue.

I succeeded in getting a CEM60, from TS a while ago. It had been out of stock for weeks even months The moment is was availlable i bouhgt one right a way and indeed , a couple of weeks after arriving , it  was again out of stock...

Seems that TS struggles too , many items  are  out of stock , and arrivals of new gear is delayed...

This COVID thing really is becoming a disaster...in many ways

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics