•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Tutorial video on how to shoot the Milky Way

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MDieterich

MDieterich

Vendor (Planewave Instruments)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:07 PM

During my Artist in Residence stay at Craters of the Moon National Monument I wanted to create a tutorial. I know photographing the Milky Way can be tricky, but I created a short video tutorial so you will have a great head start to understanding the right camera settings to try. In this tutorial, I used a Spencer's Camera & Photo modified Canon EOS R with an Irix 15mm lens from Craters of the Moon National Monument in Idaho.

Here is the video on Youtube: https://youtu.be/4_qIg-wr4ZQ

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Matt

• aa5te likes this

#2 JOEC.

JOEC.

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Florida

Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:28 PM

During my Artist in Residence stay at Craters of the Moon National Monument I wanted to create a tutorial. I know photographing the Milky Way can be tricky, but I created a short video tutorial so you will have a great head start to understanding the right camera settings to try. In this tutorial, I used a Spencer's Camera & Photo modified Canon EOS R with an Irix 15mm lens from Craters of the Moon National Monument in Idaho.

Here is the video on Youtube: https://youtu.be/4_qIg-wr4ZQ

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Matt

Very nice, thanks. Will have to give it  a try when the moon goes away lol. Been threatening to try this at some point.

Thanks

• MDieterich likes this

#3 MDieterich

MDieterich

Vendor (Planewave Instruments)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:32 PM

Very nice, thanks. Will have to give it  a try when the moon goes away lol. Been threatening to try this at some point.

Thanks

Hopefully the tips and tricks can be of use! It's a fun time getting out under the stars with minimal gear, so I hope you have fun =) Reach out with any questions!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics