•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Delos and Paracorr 2 use?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Blueox4

Blueox4

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Upstate New York

Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:58 AM

I see where you need to use the Televue in-travel adapter on the 17.3mm and 14mm Delos to make them parfocal with the rest of the Delos line in the Paracorr 2 while removing the Paracorr’s 2” to 1.25” adapter for those two focal lengths only accommodating the in travel adapters for both. My question is if I have “regular” Blue Fireball 1.25” to 2” adapters on other Delos focal lengths making them all 2” what does that do to the Paracorr setting for the 3.5mm through 12mm Delos if they have the 2” adapters? 

#2 Starman1

Starman1

Vendor (EyepiecesEtc.com)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:22 AM

I see where you need to use the Televue in-travel adapter on the 17.3mm and 14mm Delos to make them parfocal with the rest of the Delos line in the Paracorr 2 while removing the Paracorr’s 2” to 1.25” adapter for those two focal lengths only accommodating the in travel adapters for both. My question is if I have “regular” Blue Fireball 1.25” to 2” adapters on other Delos focal lengths making them all 2” what does that do to the Paracorr setting for the 3.5mm through 12mm Delos if they have the 2” adapters? 

The Delos 3.5mm - 12mm have a setting of D when used with the Paracorr 1.25" adapter.

If your 2" adapters are shorter than the Paracorr adapter (and they likely are), then the optimum setting will be a bit farther out than setting D.

From setting D, you have 0.4" farther out the top can go, and it is impossible your adapters are 0.4" shorter than the original adapter.

It's easy to determine what that setting is:

Put one of the Delos in the Paracorr adapter, insert it in the Paracorr, dial the top to D, and focus the scope.

Pull the Delos out of the Paracorr adapter and remove the Paracorr adapter.

Install your new adapter on the Delos and insert it in the Paracorr.

Without touching the focuser, turn the tunable top until the eyepiece is in focus.  Look at the setting of the Paracorr.

That will be the setting you'll pre-dial for all of them with the same adapter from 3.5mm to 12mm.

It won't be more than one setting away from D, out or in whether you have the regular profile or high profile adapters from Blue Fireball.

Of course, making them all parfocal with the 17.3mm and 14mm will be a little more difficult.  Not impossible.

Edited by Starman1, 05 August 2020 - 11:24 AM.

• Blueox4 likes this

#3 Blueox4

Blueox4

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Upstate New York

Posted 05 August 2020 - 12:20 PM

Thanks Don! Just what I needed. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics