•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Was gifted a couple eyepieces

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 robertj298

robertj298

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:28 AM

I posted a while back about a small local club president made a part to replace a broken piece

on my secondary mount and then  collimated and fixed the motor drive on my old Meade 628

and wouldn't charge anything for the work. I told him I was looking to buy a 32mm eyepiece

and he told me he had a 40mm I could borrow some time.I called him the other night to see

if the offer still stood and he told me to come and get it. When I got to his house he pulled

out a 40mm GSA Super Plossl and told me I could just have it he then pulled out an old

University Optics 10mm Wide scan and told me I could have that also. I was wordless

but finally thanked him profusely. Maybe some day I will be able to pay it forward. 

• John O'Grady, ShaulaB, clusterbuster and 6 others like this

#2 ShaulaB

ShaulaB

Vanguard

• Loc: Missouri

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:45 AM

What a nice fellow! Enjoy the views.

• clusterbuster likes this

#3 JohnBear

JohnBear

Viking 1

• Loc: Sandy, Utah

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:50 AM

Paying it forward is a great thing - and attitude about life. It does seem to be well established within the amateur astronomy community.

• clusterbuster likes this

#4 clusterbuster

clusterbuster

Apollo

• Loc: Tampa Bay, Fl.

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:58 AM

A fellow that would come to the dark sky site once messaged me and asked me if he could borrow a pair of binoculars as he was going on vacation to Texas.

i told him that i would indeed let him borrow a pair. He had a wife and a couple of kids, so he was not able to spend any money on astronomy gear. Long story short, when he got to my house, i just told him that he could keep the binoculars. They were a good pair. I was very happy to help him !

Mark

• JohnBear likes this

#5 SloMoe

SloMoe

Gemini

• Loc: Washington State

Posted 05 August 2020 - 12:07 PM

Ya know, after you've been collecting way more astronomy gear than you'll ever use, and the slight hassle of the buy & sell game doesn't appeal, sharing is part of the community. 

Edited by SloMoe, 05 August 2020 - 12:15 PM.

• clearwaterdave, clusterbuster and JohnBear like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics