•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Slew Limit Warning When Using Bluetooth Controller

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Orion68

Orion68

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:49 AM

Have just started using a StarBT Bluetooth controller and Sky Safari 6 plus with my Nexstar11 GPS.

GOTO'S are fine but am experiencing a couple of issues.

First issue, the crosshair and concentric circles indicator to show where the BT controller is pointing is not there. The direction arrow buttons show up and work perfectly but no crosshair indicator

Second issue - As soon as BT connects the hand control displays a slew limit warning. However, my slew limits are set to +90 and zero.

In Sky Safari the telescope settings are for Nexstar GPS and Alt AZ goto mount type.

Any suggestions for what I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance and clear skies, Tim

#2 Michael_Swanson

Michael_Swanson

Author of The NexStar Users Guide

• Vendors

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:59 PM

Hi Tim,

Sounds like you haven't yet performed an alignment on the hand control.  That is a necessity for this scenario.

Best regards,
Mike Swanson
https://www.NexStarSite.com

#3 Orion68

Orion68

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:35 PM

Hi Mike,

I did a one star align using Polaris before connecting the scope to Sky Safari. Your question makes me wonder if a 2 star alignment is required. I'll try that tonight and see if it helps.

Thanks, Tim

#4 Michael_Swanson

Michael_Swanson

• Vendors

Posted 05 August 2020 - 10:47 PM

No, any alignment will do.  

It is possible to:

- configure SkySafari to not display the crosshairs/FOV circles

- reposition the view in SkySafari so that it is not showing you where the scope is pointed

You can do some testing indoors - just point the scope in the general direction of Polaris and do a One Star Align on Polaris.  Connect SkySafari and test some manual slewing, GoTos, etc.

Best regards,
Mike Swanson

• Orion68 likes this

#5 Orion68

Orion68

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 06 August 2020 - 10:13 PM

Mike,

You are correct.

I had removed the check marks in the "Observe" menu, "Scope Display Item" for two "Field of View Display Option" functions - Crosshairs and Telrad Circles. When I check marked those two it looks as it should now. Not sure how to reposition the view so that it is not showing where the scope is pointed, but I'll keep looking for where that is located in the menu system. But the crosshairs and circles are back so that problem is solved.

The Slew Limit Warning remains unsolved. I even tried adjusting the Telescope settings from Nexstar GPS/SLT/SE to Nexstar/Advanced GT, thinking the slew limit warning may have something to do with a version 4 hand controller being used in place of the original version 2.2 HC.  No change, still get the warning. Will keep testing to see if I can find out why.

Many thanks for  your help, Tim

#6 Michael_Swanson

Michael_Swanson

• Vendors

Posted 06 August 2020 - 10:38 PM

Hi Tim,

Repositioning the view is simply touching the display and dragging it elsewhere.

Do you get the Slew Limit warning on the hand control when you use SkySafari to GoTo an object visible at that time in the sky?  Or are you saying you only get it upon initial connection?

Best regards,
Mike Swanson

• Orion68 likes this

#7 Orion68

Orion68

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 07 August 2020 - 12:24 AM

Mike,

I only get it at the initial connection. If I clear the warning from the display, I don't get a slew limit warning for any goto's that are above the horizon.

Goto's work fine, no issues. The slew control buttons in Sky Safari work fine.

Something else strange is happening that may or may not be related to the slew warning. The instruction manual says that if Sky Safari gets disconnected from the scope you can re-connect without losing alignment. I have not found that to be the case. As soon as I Disconnect, the crosshair pointer moves to below the horizon.

If I then pick a star in Sky Safari above the horizon and try to align Sky Safari on it, an error message pops up that the star I selected is too far from where the scope is pointed. This happens even if the scope is pointing at the star I am trying to align on. It's like Sky Safari thinks the scope is pointing somewhere very different from where it is actually pointing. Note that in demo mode I can be pointing well below the horizon and then align on a star well above the horizon - no problem. Not sure if this is significant or not.

At the point that I disconnect from the scope in Sky Safari the scope hand controller goto's are also way off the mark and I have to power down and redo the NS11 alignment routine.

Even with the issues, it is nice to have cable free control of the mount and Sky Safari is awesome.

Thanks for your thoughts on this Mike, Tim

#8 Michael_Swanson

Michael_Swanson

• Vendors

Posted 07 August 2020 - 12:56 AM

Hi Tim,

After you reconnect, you do not select a star and tap Align.  It already knows where the scope is pointed and you are ready to use SkySafari to GoTo objects on the screen.  Just tap the object you want and then tap the GoTo button and it will point the scope. Or, if you manually slew around a bit you will see SkySafari is following correctly. 

When connected via the port on the bottom of the hand control, the Align button in SkySafari is used to synchronize the place SkySafari shows as centered on its display with the coordinates it is reading from the scope.  In other words, let's say you have Vega centered in the actual eyepiece but SkySafari is showing the cross-hairs a little off to the side of Vega.  You can tap Vega and then tap Align and SkySafari will start offsetting the received coordinates to correct.

Best regards,
Mike Swanson

• Orion68 likes this

#9 Michael_Swanson

Michael_Swanson

• Vendors

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:04 AM

Another tip, since you are connecting SkySafari via the port on the bottom of the hand control.  In the Scope Setup screen in SkySafari's settings, be sure to check the box to "set time & location".  Then, before you start the alignment with the hand control, connect in SkySafari.  Once connected, it will send the current date/time/location info to the hand control so you don't need to update that info when you perform the alignment on the hand control. 

• telesonic likes this

#10 Orion68

Orion68

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:36 PM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for all of the help with this.

I tried your suggestions but I am still getting very strange behavior when I disconnect. If I align on Polaris and then connect to the BT controller, everything is fine except for the Slew Limit Warning. The Sky Safari bullseye is pointing at Polaris

At this point, If I leave the scope physically pointed at Polaris without slewing or moving the physical scope at all and Disconnect from the scope in Sky Safari the Sky Safari bullseye is still pointing at Polaris as it should be.

Here is where things go off. After having not moved the physical scope at all or moved around in the Sky Safari sky chart, if I then press the Connect button, the Bluetooth controller will take about 30 seconds to connect and when it does the bullseye on the screen will move immediately away from Polaris and settle in the Southern Hemisphere near the Nadir. I've added a picture to show the location of where the Sky Safari bullseye moves to when the BT connects.

Sky Photo   Fri Aug 07 10 37 55 PDT 2020 2

If I search for Polaris and select it and try to align on it I get an error message that it is too far away from the current scope location. At that point I have to turn off the scope and go through alignment again.

It really seems like the Slew Limit Warning and the problem when I disconnect are related because after disconnecting and then trying to Connect Sky Safari thinks the scope is pointed near the South Pole when in fact it is still pointed at Polaris. Crazy stuff.

Not sure what else to try at this point but I'll keep poking around and if I find anything I'll post it.

Many thanks Mike for all of your help and guidance.
Clear skies, Tim

#11 Orion68

Orion68

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:52 PM

Just remembered one other strange thing that is happening intermittently. Shortly after the Bluetooth connects to Sky Safari my music player (Musicolet) starts playing music by itself. It doesn't do this every time but it has happened several times. I'll try removing the music player and see what happens.

#12 Michael_Swanson

Michael_Swanson

• Vendors

Posted 09 August 2020 - 02:51 AM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for all of the help with this.

I tried your suggestions but I am still getting very strange behavior when I disconnect. If I align on Polaris and then connect to the BT controller, everything is fine except for the Slew Limit Warning. The Sky Safari bullseye is pointing at Polaris

At this point, If I leave the scope physically pointed at Polaris without slewing or moving the physical scope at all and Disconnect from the scope in Sky Safari the Sky Safari bullseye is still pointing at Polaris as it should be.

Here is where things go off. After having not moved the physical scope at all or moved around in the Sky Safari sky chart, if I then press the Connect button, the Bluetooth controller will take about 30 seconds to connect and when it does the bullseye on the screen will move immediately away from Polaris and settle in the Southern Hemisphere near the Nadir. I've added a picture to show the location of where the Sky Safari bullseye moves to when the BT connects.

If I search for Polaris and select it and try to align on it I get an error message that it is too far away from the current scope location. At that point I have to turn off the scope and go through alignment again.

It really seems like the Slew Limit Warning and the problem when I disconnect are related because after disconnecting and then trying to Connect Sky Safari thinks the scope is pointed near the South Pole when in fact it is still pointed at Polaris. Crazy stuff.

Not sure what else to try at this point but I'll keep poking around and if I find anything I'll post it.

Many thanks Mike for all of your help and guidance.
Clear skies, Tim

Hi Tim,

It is hard to say from your messages thus far, but I think you are still missing the point of some of my previous messages.  

You must first perform an alignment with the hand control.  Then SkySafari will know where the scope is pointed.  Generally speaking you do NOT select the star currently visible in the eyepiece and tap the ALIGN button in SkySafari. 

That feature in SkySafari is only for tiny adjustments in SkySafari when the object centered in the eyepiece is just a tiny bit off from the crosshairs in SkySafari.  SkySafari will internally calculate the offset and adjust the reading it is getting from the scope so that what is centered on the SkySafari screen matches what is centered in the eyepiece.  This is only used for your convenience and only after SkySafari is tracking where the scope is pointing but it is a tiny bit off (less than a degree which is really only noticeable if you zoom in close).  So, after a disconnect and reconnect, try slewing the scope with either the SkySafari onscreen buttons or the HC arrow buttons and see if the crosshairs in SkySafari snap back to the correct location.

Regarding the problem reconnecting and the slew warning, that may very well be caused by that music player.  It may think the Bluetooth adapter is an audio device and it seems that it might be streaming music to it.

Best regards,
Mike Swanson

#13 Orion68

Orion68

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 09 August 2020 - 02:06 PM

Hi Mike,

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my other posts.

- Yes I do an alignment of the telescope using the hand control first, before turning on Bluetooth and connecting Sky Safari to the scope.

- My use of the Sky Safari Align button was not to do the initial telescope alignment (see below).

Just to recap:

Everything is fine after the initial connection of Sky Safari to the scope, except for the Slew Limit Warning on the scope hand control display. Sky Safari goto's work fine,  the Sky Safari slew buttons work fine, everything is good at that point. I either just ignore the Slew Limit Warning or dismiss it by pressing the Enter key on the scope hand control.

The problems begin if I disconnect Sky Safari from the scope by pressing the Sky Safari Disconnect button and then press the Sky Safari Connect button to re-establish control of the scope.  As soon as I press the Connect button, the Sky Safari position bullseye then moves to the Southern Hemisphere and stops there, while the physical scope doesn't move at all. This is the reason I was using the Sky Safari Align button - not to do the telescope initial alignment, but to try to snap the Sky Safari pointer back to where the telescope is actually pointing. As you said, that is not the purpose of the Sky Safari Align button, but it was worth a try.

From what I am seeing, I believe that Sky Safari has no idea where the telescope is pointing if I Disconnect (in Sky Safari) and then immediately try to Connect again. A goto on an object that is above the horizon will slew the physical telescope away from the object instead of toward it. The OTA will even move to an upside down position.

I've tried using the slew arrows in Sky Safari to snap the Sky Safari pointer back to where the physical scope is pointing but no luck. 

I've uninstalled the music player, but no improvement. I switched hand controls but no improvement. I switched power supplies with no luck. Possibly, there is an unknown problem with my telescope causing this issue and it has nothing to do with Sky Safari.

Sky Safari is a great tool and as long as I don't use the Disconnect button until finished viewing for the night it works fine. So far the Bluetooth adapter has been very stable with no disconnects, so that is good.

Clear skies Mike, Tim

#14 Michael_Swanson

Michael_Swanson

• Vendors

Posted 10 August 2020 - 11:59 PM

Hi Tim,

Very odd behavior - I've never seen that happen and have been using SkySafari via a Bluetooth adapter for over 10 years.  Do you have another smartphone/tablet you can try?  Maybe an old phone that you retired and is hiding in the back of a drawer?

Best regards,
Mike Swanson

• Orion68 likes this

#15 whizbang

whizbang

Viking 1

• Loc: NE of Seattle, WA

Posted 11 August 2020 - 09:01 AM

Tim,

I have been using Bluetooth and SkySafari 6 Plus for over a year with an EVO mount.  After I connect (which always takes 2 attempts), any of three things happens:  perfect flawless operation (most common!!), a slew limit warning that I delete and ignore with the back button (about 1 out of 6 connections), or a SLEW LIMIT WARNING IN CAPITAL LETTERS THAT FREEZES THE HAND CONTROL (about 1 out of 20 connections) and forces me to power down, reboot, and realign.

I strongly disagree with Mike Swanson's advice to have the "set time and location" box checked.  This box MUST be unchecked.

Your alignment is done via the hand control before connecting the bluetooth/tablet.  Sending the time and location via bluetooth and tablet confuses the hand control and mount that are ALREADY aligned. 

• Orion68 likes this

#16 whizbang

whizbang

Viking 1

Posted 11 August 2020 - 09:05 AM

Mike's advice in #8 is perfect.

The advice in reply #9 is incorrect.

My are you disconnecting at all?  I leave mine connected for the entire observing session, sometimes over 3 hours.

Is the connection failing on its own?  or are you accidentally hitting the disconnect button that is dangerously close to the GoTo button?

The Bluetooth communicates to the mount THROUGH the hand control.  On my EVO mount, I can use either the Bluetooth/tablet or hand control at any time, alternating back and forth.  The mount is responding to commands from the hand control whether those commands are sent by the hand control or the Bluetooth/tablet.  In my opinion, Bluetooth operation is more robust and reliable that Celestron WiFi.  When I connect directly with WIFI instead of Bluetooth, I absolutely must not touch the hand control.  The WIFI is charge and attempting to send a command via the hand control is a recipe for a problem/failure.

I don't understand why you are disconnecting and re-connecting your Bluetooth/tablet.

Edited by whizbang, 11 August 2020 - 09:15 AM.

• Orion68 likes this

#17 Orion68

Orion68

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:29 PM

Hi Mike,

I dusted off my old smartphone and installed Sky Safari 6 Plus. Unfortunately, I am getting the same result. I included a picture of my scope upside down for laughs. (not a great picture, sorry)

Sky Safari turns My scope upside down

This is the process I took today that resulted in my scope doing gymnastics:

1. Aligned the scope on Polaris using the scope hand control (being daytime I got reasonably close without actually seeing Polaris)

2. Turned on Bluetooth in my phone

3. Connected Sky Safari to the scope

4. When Sky Safari connected, the Sky Safari pointer in my smartphone moved to Polaris on the Sky Chart, just as it should

5. Using Sky Safari, I did a goto to Kochab just to test out the Goto function - it worked perfectly. At this point my physical scope is pointed to Kochab and the pointer in Sky Safari is pointed at Kochab - everything is good.

6. Pressed the Disconnect button, the Sky Safari pointer disappears but everything else stays the same. No problem at this point.

7. Pressed the Connect button in Sky Safari and the Sky Safari pointer immediately moves to the Constellation Pavo in the Southern Hemisphere and stops there.

8. Kochab is still the selected object in Sky Safari, so I then press Goto on the Sky Safari Scope menu to get back to Kochab. The scope begins slewing in the wrong direction and ends up rotating to an upside down position.

9. Here's the good part. If I let the Goto continue, the scope ends up finding Kochab, but the tube is upside down at that point!

It's almost like Sky Safari thinks I am in the Southern Hemisphere, even though my location is set correctly.

There has to be a setting that I have messed up but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. Thanks for your help with this Mike, if I ever get it sorted out I'll post what I find.

Best Wishes, Tim

#18 Orion68

Orion68

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:35 PM

Tim,

I have been using Bluetooth and SkySafari 6 Plus for over a year with an EVO mount.  After I connect (which always takes 2 attempts), any of three things happens:  perfect flawless operation (most common!!), a slew limit warning that I delete and ignore with the back button (about 1 out of 6 connections), or a SLEW LIMIT WARNING IN CAPITAL LETTERS THAT FREEZES THE HAND CONTROL (about 1 out of 20 connections) and forces me to power down, reboot, and realign.

I strongly disagree with Mike Swanson's advice to have the "set time and location" box checked.  This box MUST be unchecked.

Your alignment is done via the hand control before connecting the bluetooth/tablet.  Sending the time and location via bluetooth and tablet confuses the hand control and mount that are ALREADY aligned. 

Hi Whizbang.

My initial connection takes one attempt and then it is solid - takes about 20 seconds to connect. I do get the Slew Limit Warning every time I connect, which I just dismiss and forget about. So far, I have not seen the hand control freeze up.

I tried Mike's advice to "set time and location: check box, but it didn't seem to make any difference so I leave that box unchecked.

It is good to know that others also get the Slew Limit Warning. Thanks for letting me know what you are seeing when you use Sky Safari, very helpful.

Best, Tim

#19 Orion68

Orion68

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:48 PM

Mike's advice in #8 is perfect.

The advice in reply #9 is incorrect.

My are you disconnecting at all?  I leave mine connected for the entire observing session, sometimes over 3 hours.

Is the connection failing on its own?  or are you accidentally hitting the disconnect button that is dangerously close to the GoTo button?

The Bluetooth communicates to the mount THROUGH the hand control.  On my EVO mount, I can use either the Bluetooth/tablet or hand control at any time, alternating back and forth.  The mount is responding to commands from the hand control whether those commands are sent by the hand control or the Bluetooth/tablet.  In my opinion, Bluetooth operation is more robust and reliable that Celestron WiFi.  When I connect directly with WIFI instead of Bluetooth, I absolutely must not touch the hand control.  The WIFI is charge and attempting to send a command via the hand control is a recipe for a problem/failure.

I don't understand why you are disconnecting and re-connecting your Bluetooth/tablet.

Here's why. I wanted to see if I could re-connect in the event I hit the Disconnect button instead of the Goto button. As you said they are dangerously close together.  Even if the Goto button was bigger and the Disconnect button smaller, that would help a lot.

At some point I am sure I will fat-finger the goto button and Disconnect Sky Safari from the scope. I would rather know ahead of time how to recover from that mistake rather than trying to figure it out in the dark. Do you know what I mean?

My experience so far is that if I inadvertently disconnect Sky Safari from the scope my hand control no longer works either, I will need to power down the scope and start over with a new alignment.

I am really curious to know what you see if you Disconnect and then try to Connect again.  Post it or PM me with the results if you try it out.

Thanks Whizbang, Tim

#20 whizbang

whizbang

Viking 1

Posted 11 August 2020 - 11:09 PM

Tim,

I turned on the EVO and did a 1 Star Align on Polaris.

Then connected the scope (2 attempts).

Connection success without slew limit warning.

GoTo Kochab.  GoTo Polaris.

Disconnect scope.

Re-connect (2 attempts).

Etc. Etc.

I did three connections and never got the dreaded Slew Limit warning.  Nor did I get the Southern Hemisphere scope on drugs problem.

Just flawless operation (other than having to make two connection attempts so the second effort would succeed).

• Orion68 likes this

#21 Orion68

Orion68

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:15 AM

Today I received in the mail an aux splitter for my ASGT mount. So, tonight I set up the ASGT with Sky Safari and the StarBT adapter. My initial connection failed, but the second time it connected. There was no Slew Limit Warning on the hand control, as I had with my Nexstar GPS scope. For an hour and a half, everything worked perfectly.

Then, Sky Safari quit responding and I had to close it down. At this point I planned on having to start over with a new alignment on my scope since I had to completely quit out of Sky Safari. However, when I re-started Sky Safari it connected to my ASGT mount and pointed right to the last object I had been viewing. 

When finished for the night, I disconnected Sky Safari from the mount and then immediately tried to Connect to see what would happen. Sky Safari connected and went right back to the last object I had been viewing when I disconnected from the mount, just as it should do. With my Nexstar GPS scope, re-connecting after being disconnected is not possible without aligning the scope all over again..

So, something must be off with my Nexstar GPS mount (ugh) since Sky Safari and Bluetooth works perfectly with my ASGT mount.

The reason that Sky Safari quit responding tonight, I believe, was due to the length of my aux splitter cable (10 feet). With a shorter cable I am hoping for few or no drop outs.

Mike and Whizbang, many thanks for helping me sort this out.

Clear skies everybody, Tim

Edited by Orion68, 12 August 2020 - 03:17 AM.

#22 Michael_Swanson

Michael_Swanson

• Vendors

Posted 13 August 2020 - 12:21 AM

Tim,

I use the "set time and location" option all the time - it pushes the current time and location data from SkySafari to the hand control before I even begin an alignment with the hand control. 

Again, with that box checked, power up the mount with your Bluetooth adapter already connected to the bottom of the hand control.  Do NOT start the alignment routine.  Start SkySafari and tap the connect button.  Once SkySafari reports it has successfully connected to the telescope, it has already pushed the date/time/location data to the hand control.  NOW you start the alignment routine on the hand control (you will see the correct time already displayed on the hand control).  Ignore SkySafari until you have completed the hand control alignment.

Best regards,
Mike Swanson

Edited by Michael_Swanson, 13 August 2020 - 12:23 AM.

• Orion68, telesonic and Hobiemark like this

#23 Orion68

Orion68

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 14 August 2020 - 01:32 PM

Last night I used the technique mentioned by Mike Swanson, i.e. connecting Sky Safari to the scope before alignment and pushing the date/time/location to the hand control from Sky Safari, with my CG5 ASGT mount.

It worked great and I also realized that one benefit of this method is that it makes the mount into a pseudo GPS mount. You just have to remember to mark the checkbox "Set time and location" in the settings before connecting Sky Safari to the mount. I was considering getting a GPS unit but with the "Set time and location" feature in Sky Safari I don't see the need for a dedicated GPS unit.  Of course, YMMV and there may be other reasons for having a dedicated GPS unit.

Kudos to Mike for pointing out this very nifty trickbow.gif   I haven't tried it with other mounts but it works perfectly with the ASGT.

I did notice that the time pushed to the mount from Sky Safari was about a minute behind the actual time, not sure why this is but it didn't affect the alignment so no big deal.

• telesonic likes this

#24 whizbang

whizbang

Viking 1

Posted 15 August 2020 - 10:26 AM

Mike S.,

I have never done the sequence you suggest:  starting SkySafari with the box checked, THEN doing the alignment with the hand control.

I will test that and report my results. 

UPDATE.

Once again Mike, YOU ARE CORRECT.  Your procedure worked great.  I will follow it in the future.  Thanks!!

Edited by whizbang, 15 August 2020 - 11:08 AM.

• telesonic likes this

#25 telesonic

telesonic

Messenger

• Loc: Idaho

Posted 16 August 2020 - 11:45 PM

Last night I used the technique mentioned by Mike Swanson, i.e. connecting Sky Safari to the scope before alignment and pushing the date/time/location to the hand control from Sky Safari, with my CG5 ASGT mount.

It worked great and I also realized that one benefit of this method is that it makes the mount into a pseudo GPS mount. You just have to remember to mark the checkbox "Set time and location" in the settings before connecting Sky Safari to the mount. I was considering getting a GPS unit but with the "Set time and location" feature in Sky Safari I don't see the need for a dedicated GPS unit.  Of course, YMMV and there may be other reasons for having a dedicated GPS unit.

Kudos to Mike for pointing out this very nifty trickbow.gif   I haven't tried it with other mounts but it works perfectly with the ASGT.

I did notice that the time pushed to the mount from Sky Safari was about a minute behind the actual time, not sure why this is but it didn't affect the alignment so no big deal.

I tried Mike's method on my ASGT today as well (dry-run indoor testing) with Sky Safari / SKYBT and it worked great! SS set the location and time on the HC pretty accurately. Before, I was inputting those values into the HC at startup.... yeesh. This is waaay easier, by far.

Brilliant!

Thanks, Mike!

bow.gif

T

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics