•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Eastern limb identification

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guy Earle

Guy Earle

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:51 PM

Evening,

I'm trying to find any kind of map that covers what you can see with eastern libration and can't really find anything beyond identifying Mare Marginis, Goddard, and Neper. I know crater Al-Biruni is there but I can't pick it out or anything else beyond Goddard. Does anyone have a link or map to that area?

Thanks,

Guy

Attached Thumbnails

• Moon_003312_29_AS_p15_g4_ap549_conv edit.jpg

Edited by Guy Earle, 05 August 2020 - 07:46 PM.

• Kenny V. and LunarObserver like this

#2 rocdoc

rocdoc

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:54 PM

Would SkySafari give you that, if you bring up a moon closeup on that date and time? I’m thinking it should.

#3 Tom Glenn

Tom Glenn

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:05 PM

Try this LRO Quickmap link that I centered on the region in "Globe" mode.  You can zoom in by scrolling the mouse wheel, and as you do, more nomenclature will appear.  Also, clicking and dragging will pan, and some combinations of Cntrl or Shift click will rotate.  Takes some playing around with to get the controls down without getting frustrated, but you can literally explore any region of the Moon from any angle.  

https://quickmap.lro...BmOOR9RHfS870oA

Edited by Tom Glenn, 05 August 2020 - 07:06 PM.

• Guy Earle likes this

#4 Guy Earle

Guy Earle

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:48 PM

Try this LRO Quickmap link that I centered on the region in "Globe" mode.  You can zoom in by scrolling the mouse wheel, and as you do, more nomenclature will appear.  Also, clicking and dragging will pan, and some combinations of Cntrl or Shift click will rotate.  Takes some playing around with to get the controls down without getting frustrated, but you can literally explore any region of the Moon from any angle.  

https://quickmap.lro...BmOOR9RHfS870oA

Nice! I didn't have that link, and it is very helpful, thank you. I was able to pick out two smaller Goddard craters and, I believe, Zasyadko, and updated the photo above.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics