•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How to go about selling an LXD55?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ET_PhoneHome

ET_PhoneHome

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 06 August 2020 - 07:40 AM

Besides listing it on the classifieds here, any other options?  It's a 5" refractor, and would probably be selling the tube only (the mount has a few broken/missing parts, and seems to malfunction intermittently).  Not even sure how much to ask.  The scope itself is in good shape.  I think the big problem is shipping, as I'm sure it'd be pretty expensive.  I'm in Cleveland, OH.

#2 dcollier

dcollier

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:29 AM

That OTA is Meade AR 5.  There have be one or two sold on CN..  Usually the buyer pays shipping or you could sell it Pick up only.

-Dave

#3 ET_PhoneHome

ET_PhoneHome

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 06 August 2020 - 09:55 AM

Thanks.  Do you remember about what they were selling for?  I'm thinking shipping would be well over $100.  I recently had to send back an 8" SCT in a smallish box that weight 13 lbs, and UPS wanted like $75.

#4 Geo.

Geo.

Vendor - Nexstar Parts

• Vendors
  • Loc: Upstate NY

Posted 10 August 2020 - 12:26 PM

Yes shipping's gone crazy. 5" meduim long FR (f/11") achromate, average condition, about $350. I use FedEx and USPS depending on the cost. To the left coast FedEx is less expensive. Most of the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast USPS is better. 

OTOH scopes are scarce right now due to the slow down in China and most shipping is still by surface.

The mount head can be broken down to fit in a $18 USP flat rate box. Probably get $150 for it and the drive parts.

Edited by Geo., 10 August 2020 - 12:28 PM.

• ET_PhoneHome likes this

#5 carolinaskies

carolinaskies

Vanguard

• Loc: Greenville SC

Posted 10 August 2020 - 07:55 PM

Depending on which 5" refractor the price will average $250-300 for the lower end achromat and double to triple for Doublet and APO if someone put something besides a standard LXD55 refractor on it.  

Share a couple of pictures of the refractor would help.  If the focuser has been upgraded then the value will go up about $50.  

The LXD55 mount can run the gamut of parts $75-100 with average sticky grease condition around $175. 

These are excellent upgrade mounts for people with cheesy box store CG1 through CG4 type mounts which are rickety by comparison. 

• ET_PhoneHome likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics