•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

GINMIC 8x21

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cestus

Cestus

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 August 2020 - 11:27 AM

I recently ordered one of these for a 6 year old's birthday. I wanted something inexpensive, since kids break things easily, but also of decent quality. Anyone seen or had one of these?

#2 Ant1

Ant1

Messenger

Posted 06 August 2020 - 11:53 AM

Hi

Never been a fan of the small bins with two hinges. One is trouble enough in my experience...

I see this model sells for $18 on Amazon, well I guess your expectations can't be that high at this price point.

Regards

Ant1

#3 Cestus

Cestus

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 06 August 2020 - 11:59 AM

Hi

Never been a fan of the small bins with two hinges. One is trouble enough in my experience...

I see this model sells for $18 on Amazon, well I guess your expectations can't be that high at this price point.

Regards

Ant1

I figured 18 bucks was not too much to lose if he breaks it. Also I had a $10 discount with Amazon, so it was only $8. I would love to have given him a Pentax Papilio, but that would have been too expensive at his age.

#4 DrJ1

DrJ1

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:18 AM

When my kids were young in the 1990s, I could get pocket 8x20 Tascos for $10 or less at one distributer.  They actually were usable and I still have a pair lying around.  I gave a pair to each of my kids, and then got pairs for them to give their friends at birthday parties.  Unfortunately that Tasco is gone. Bushnell bought the Tasco brand.  I don't know how their quality is today.  DrJ1

#5 Cestus

Cestus

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 08 September 2020 - 03:49 PM

I went ahead and got one of these for a child. Not the best quality, but reasonably rugged. However, they were a hit. He loved them and his cousins were fighting over who got to use them next. His dad saw him in the morning watching TV through them lol. His cousins informed me they wanted binoculars for their birthdays. I think for kids, boys in particular, it's like getting a pocket knife. It may not be the best, but they love it.

• ihf likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics