•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Has anyone heard from Rolo?

• Please log in to reply
408 replies to this topic

#351 Van Do9:3

Van Do9:3

Viking 1

• Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 28 November 2020 - 11:58 PM

Rolo,

Hoping you have better progress than set backs as your recovery continues. Glad the fire is still in you. Hoping you get to view Mars soon.  

• rolo, memento and AstroKerr like this

#352 Cliff C

Cliff C

Mariner 2

• Loc: Long Island, NY

Posted 29 November 2020 - 09:15 AM

Good to hear from you Rolo, just keep plugging away!

Best wishes always.

Cliff

• AstroKerr likes this

#353 Patrik Iver

Patrik Iver

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Kaarina, Finland

Posted 02 December 2020 - 02:06 PM

You almost had me worried there for a while - glad to see you posting an update.

• AstroKerr likes this

#354 lwbehney

lwbehney

Vostok 1

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:46 AM

Hello Rolo,

Writing to say thank you. I purchased a Sky Safari Pro and expected to have to laboriously add one object at a time to my observing list for each constellation, when what to my wondrous eyes did appear-  but an already completed observing list named: All Constellations with the attached note- "uploaded by crazyqban67" found within Sky Safari's Observing List Repository. 

I opened up the Andromeda constellation and found what I think is the treasured list of jewels I was looking for- the first several objects of the  three hundred celestial showpieces that S&T has available on their website. 

You saved me hours and ours of time. 

Merry Christmas,

-Larry

• rolo and AstroKerr like this

#355 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted 21 December 2020 - 06:34 AM

I got a PM from him a week ago.  I bought a ST80 from him and have not heard back since. I hope he is ok.  Hope he got my check also. Seems the mail is taking 4ever.

• jcruse64, Defenderslideguitar, 25585 and 1 other like this

#356 CeeKay

CeeKay

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Vancouver, WA

Posted 21 December 2020 - 07:37 AM

Rolo - hoping your doing/feeling better and wanting to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas...

• AstroKerr and Andrew Brown like this

#357 rolo

rolo

Cosmos

• Loc: GA

Posted 23 December 2020 - 12:45 PM

Just wanted to drop by and wish everyone a merry Christmas/ happy holidays to all!

It's been 4 months since the transplant and Recovery continues to be slow. Some steps forward others backwards but this is to be expected. Yesterday was a day of labs, belacept IV (monthly) and doctors appointment. It was the first time I actually walked the distance so no wheelchair for me. No matter how you feel you must push through the pain and discomfort or your recovery will be limited. Like the saying goes"if it is to be its up to me" no exceptions on this one. It wore me out and had to to lay down for while when I got home.

Charles yes I got the check, sorry hadn't responded but couple of bad days had me down.

CeeKay and everyone else, may 2021 be a turning point to normalcy!

Rolo

• Spyke, Patrik Iver, Steve_M_M and 38 others like this

#358 Dartguy

Dartguy

Apollo

• Loc: Louisville

Posted 23 December 2020 - 01:29 PM

Nice to hear that something so good came out of 2020!  

You hang in there and keep it up!

Edited by Dartguy, 23 December 2020 - 01:29 PM.

#359 Defenderslideguitar

Defenderslideguitar

Gemini

• Loc: Connecticut

Posted 23 December 2020 - 03:45 PM

Chas  

Good show       seems like as far as the Orion ST 80's go     that one from Rolo was a very good one.....

In addition to posting his ad for that one in the ads thread  and   I jumped on his Tasco 99vr  that he  listed myself and I like it.....

Rolo    Merry Christmas to you and your family   thanks for the Tasco       By the way   I had not heard that line   if it is to be  its up to me   but it seems accurate.  The old standby line used to be   no pain no gain but we like yours better

#360 Terra Nova

Terra Nova

ISS

• topic starter
  • Loc: 39.07°N, 229m AMSL, USA

Posted 23 December 2020 - 04:09 PM

So good to hear from you Rolando! Hang in there, next year will be much better and it’s just around the corner!

• AstroKerr likes this

#361 Van Do9:3

Van Do9:3

Viking 1

• Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 23 December 2020 - 05:32 PM

Merriest of Christmas to you and your Family Rolo. Great progress on your mobility. A toast to health, Family, and blessings received and to come.

• AstroKerr likes this

#362 Dan /schechter

Dan /schechter

Apollo

• Loc: Long Beach, Calif.

Posted 23 December 2020 - 06:10 PM

Just wanted to drop by and wish everyone a merry Christmas/ happy holidays to all!

It's been 4 months since the transplant and Recovery continues to be slow. Some steps forward others backwards but this is to be expected. Yesterday was a day of labs, belacept IV (monthly) and doctors appointment. It was the first time I actually walked the distance so no wheelchair for me. No matter how you feel you must push through the pain and discomfort or your recovery will be limited. Like the saying goes"if it is to be its up to me" no exceptions on this one. It wore me out and had to to lay down for while when I got home.

Charles yes I got the check, sorry hadn't responded but couple of bad days had me down.

Rolo

Thanks for the update Rolo. Happy to see your fighting spirit showing thru. Have a great Holiday Season.

Your fellow AP 180 owner,

Dan

• AstroKerr likes this

#363 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 23 December 2020 - 06:34 PM

Rolo:

Good to hear from you.  Glad your putting up the good fight.

I'd never heard the saying:

"if it is to be its up to me"  words of wisdom..

We're all hoping for a return to a semblance of normalcy..

Jon

• AstroKerr likes this

#364 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

Posted 23 December 2020 - 06:57 PM

Rolo

Glad you got it. I was hand holding the ST80 tonite and it is a fast, fun and go scope.  Works perfect on the Orion ALT- AZ mount.

I hope you can get back to your old self and get that 7" AP out. One day i will have to drive up and take a peek.

• jcruse64 and AstroKerr like this

#365 Marc-Andre

Marc-Andre

Apollo

• Loc: New Hampshire

Posted 23 December 2020 - 06:58 PM

Rolo,

Merry Christmas to you and your family!  Wishing you the Lord's best for 2021 as well.

Marc

• 25585 and AstroKerr like this

#366 ccwemyss

ccwemyss

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Massachusetts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 09:03 PM

Great to hear from you! Merry Christmas and Healthy New Year!

Chip W.

• AstroKerr likes this

#367 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

Posted 17 January 2021 - 11:50 AM

I guess no new news?

• AstroKerr likes this

#368 ccwemyss

ccwemyss

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Massachusetts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 10:42 PM

I got a nice card from him shortly after the 1st. 

Chip W.

• telesonic and AstroKerr like this

#369 CeeKay

CeeKay

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Vancouver, WA

Posted 18 January 2021 - 10:33 AM

I got a nice card from him shortly after the 1st. 

Chip W.

Christmas Card arrived on Christmas Eve... thanked me for the card I had sent him eariler.

• AstroKerr likes this

#370 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

Posted 08 February 2021 - 08:37 PM

I guess no updates?

#371 Allanbarth1

Allanbarth1

Skylab

• -----
  • Loc: Central New Jersey

Posted 14 February 2021 - 05:28 AM

Any news from Rolo?

#372 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:09 AM

No news but he did post a camera for sale over on Astromart on January 30th.

Jon

• rolo, Marc-Andre, Terra Nova and 2 others like this

#373 stmarch

stmarch

Sputnik

• Loc: Suffolk Cty, NY

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:05 PM

Hi all,

I talk with Rolo occasionally,  talked with him last week. As a kidney transplant patient myself, I help answer some of his questions. He is going thru recovery as the kidney and body adapt to each other.  Also transplant patients have to deal with the side effects of the medication we take. It is difficult within the first year, since many medications are required.

A kidney transplant is a treatment like dialysis, neither are cures. However with the transplanted kidney Rolo should feel much better than he was on dialysis. Recovery takes time, especially when you have been ill awhile and are older. Coincidentally, it turns out Rolo and I are the same age.

Let's not forget the CN member who donated the kidney to Rolo. A heroic selfless act.

• Jon Isaacs, tim53, rolo and 11 others like this

#374 rolo

rolo

Cosmos

• Loc: GA

Posted 17 February 2021 - 01:53 PM

Hello my good friends. Its been a very rough recovery and unfortunately not where I would like to be after almost 6 mo. Things aren't going well right now. One of the strongest medications used to get the kidney started during a strong rejection is known to cause cancer, Thymoglobulin. Its a series of seven IV's 8 hours each given for 7 days in a row. Well, that's what they suspect and what I'm being tested for now. Had a kidney biopsy to see if its affecting the kidney, preliminary and final results from yesterday show negative. Next is a bone marrow biopsy where this type of cancer is known to be. The type of cancer is called myeloma and it wouldn't be good news. Have been losing weight unintentionally and that's worrisome. If the bone marrow biopsy comes back negative then another kidney biopsy would be done and sent to the Mayo Clinic, the world's foremost expert with this disease. I have a diagnosed IGg with a Lambda spike and they're looking for the reason why I'm loosing 100x more protein in the urine than normal. Still can't do much and every day since the transplant I've been in pain. That's how it goes and as I am right now, i would be too weak for Chemo anyways...

If things don't improve soon, the first to go is the AP180. No sense owning equipment i can't use and the medical bills are adding up as well. I will continue to fight as long as I'm able waytogo.gif

And as stmarch said above...Let's not forget the CN member who donated the kidney to Rolo. A heroic selfless act.

Love you guys!

Rolo

• Steve_M_M, tim53, wfj and 19 others like this

#375 Terra Nova

Terra Nova

ISS

• topic starter
  • Loc: 39.07°N, 229m AMSL, USA

Posted 17 February 2021 - 02:06 PM

It’s good to hear for you Rolando, just so sorry to hear of all the attendant troubles that are going along with the transplant. We will all just keep hoping and praying for the best! Hang in there! Lots of good vibrations and healing thoughts are coming your way.

• rolo, rcwolpert, Rick-T137 and 3 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics