•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Has anyone heard from Rolo?

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#26 davidc135

davidc135

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Wales, UK

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:47 PM

I spoke with Rolo today and told him of all your well wishes. He’s very thankful for all the support he has gotten through the years from our Cloudy Nights family. He’s gone through a very bad patch this year but things are looking up. Best of all, he’s not just in line for his transplant but because of a very generous friend and donor, it’s scheduled to happen In less than two weeks,- August 20th! So please keep him in your thoughts and prayers and send him good positive vibes. After the operation there will still be a road to recovery and he will still need our good thoughts and prayers. 

GET WELL AND GOD BLESS OUR DEAR FRIEND ROLO!

That's wonderful news! I hope all goes well. Best wishes for a fast recovery from Wales.   David

• bob midiri, Terra Nova, quality guy and 1 other like this

#27 The Planetman

The Planetman

Viking 1

• Loc: Western KY

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:16 PM

That is great news!  Rolando is such a wonderful guy!  I've known him over the years and have had many nice conversations. 
Maybe we can get his physical address and send cards of love and support.

• Terra Nova likes this

#28 Kasmos

Kasmos

Gemini

• Loc: So Cal

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:30 PM

Yes indeed, excellent news!

• Terra Nova likes this

#29 tim53

tim53

Hubble

• Loc: Highland Park, CA

Posted 10 August 2020 - 04:41 PM

This news brings tears. 

• Terra Nova, gene 4181 and telesonic like this

#30 rcwolpert

rcwolpert

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: South Hutchinson Island, Florida

Posted 10 August 2020 - 05:05 PM

I spoke with Rolo today and told him of all your well wishes. He’s very thankful for all the support he has gotten through the years from our Cloudy Nights family. He’s gone through a very bad patch this year but things are looking up. Best of all, he’s not just in line for his transplant but because of a very generous friend and donor, it’s scheduled to happen In less than two weeks,- August 20th! So please keep him in your thoughts and prayers and send him good positive vibes. After the operation there will still be a road to recovery and he will still need our good thoughts and prayers. 

Such good news! Thanks, Terra!

• Terra Nova likes this

#31 mattyfatz

mattyfatz

Gemini

• Loc: Boise Idaho

Posted 10 August 2020 - 05:30 PM

Great news!

• Terra Nova and telesonic like this

#32 clamchip

clamchip

Voyager 1

• Loc: Seattle

Posted 10 August 2020 - 05:35 PM

post-50896-0-81767200-1514754795_thumb.jpg

• Jon Isaacs, Paul Hyndman, tim53 and 9 others like this

#33 John Higbee

John Higbee

Viking 1

• Loc: Virginia

Posted 10 August 2020 - 06:01 PM

Great news!  All the best, Rolo!

John

• Terra Nova likes this

#34 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted 10 August 2020 - 06:11 PM

Hope it all goes good for Rolo. When i was at my lowest last year i told him i wished i could give him my kidney and i could join my sister.

• Jeff B, Terra Nova and 25585 like this

#35 Van Do9:3

Van Do9:3

Messenger

• Loc: Charlotte, NC

Posted 10 August 2020 - 06:27 PM

Thank you Terra. That is really fantastic news that brightens the year. Thoughts and prayers to Rolo and his Family, and the kind donor for a successful operation. 

• Terra Nova likes this

#36 PawPaw

PawPaw

Messenger

• Loc: West Central Missouri

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:13 PM

All the best Rolo!

• Terra Nova likes this

#37 Jeff B

Jeff B

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:23 PM

This news brings tears. 

Yes it does.

Thanks for news Terra.

• zjc26138 and Terra Nova like this

#38 Dan /schechter

Dan /schechter

Apollo

• Loc: Long Beach, Calif.

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:19 PM

Wow!! This news has made my day, no my week, yes my month!!. I am looking forward with a Rolo with energy. Perfect timing for the planets!!

Hope all goes well and you are using your AP 180 soon.

Your astro friend,

Dan

• tim53 and Terra Nova like this

#39 CeeKay

CeeKay

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Vancouver, WA

Posted 10 August 2020 - 10:07 PM

Terra - thanks for reaching out to Rolo.

Rolo - best wishes and prayers to you and your family.  You're missed here at CN

Chris

• Jon Isaacs, Terra Nova and telesonic like this

#40 Marc-Andre

Marc-Andre

Apollo

• Loc: New Hampshire

Posted 10 August 2020 - 11:51 PM

Best wishes and prayers, Rolo! 

• Terra Nova likes this

#41 Piggyback

Piggyback

Apollo

• Loc: Germany

Posted 11 August 2020 - 12:43 AM

To Rolo, from across the pond. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

• Terra Nova and 25585 like this

#42 walter a

walter a

Viking 1

• Loc: Prawda Manitoba Canada

Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:43 AM

Godspeed on your road of recovery Rolo.

• Terra Nova likes this

#43 steve t

steve t

Viking 1

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 11 August 2020 - 08:54 AM

Rolo, great news, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Steve T 

• Terra Nova likes this

#44 Chuck Hards

Chuck Hards

You don't know Swift from Astrola

Posted 11 August 2020 - 09:10 AM

Very good news, he's waited too long for that transplant.  My heartfelt thanks to the donor!

• Terra Nova and Russell Smith like this

#45 Terra Nova

Terra Nova

ISS

• topic starter
  • Loc: Northern Kentucky

Posted 11 August 2020 - 10:36 AM

Very good news, he's waited too long for that transplant.  My heartfelt thanks to the donor!

Absolutely! The generosity and altruism of the donor is beyond words! As Rolando expressed to me yesterday, how do you ever even begin to thank someone for something like that. In his own words, “such thanks is beyond words.” Rolo was just bowled over by the offer from a selfless person who asked for nothing in return, other than to have helped save a life. Hero! No other word fits his benefactor! Rolando just could not believe it after waiting so long!

The donor will be flying down to Georgia and staying for the operation and their own recovery as well. Rolando also wanted to express his gratitude to Cloudy Nights because without Cloudy Nights and the community that it has brought together, his transplant might never have happened. For it was through that bringing together that made it all possible. So again, yet more evidence of the outpouring of kindness and generosity that many of us have experienced here as other CNer’s have reached out to us, guided only by their own hearts and their willingness to share. Yet such a gift of life like this is far beyond the material; immeasurably so! I will say no more, in order to protect the donor’s anonymity, other than that I know who this fine person is. This amazing and wonderful benefactor is someone among us who I myself have had the good fortune to have met, and on hearing their name, I was not surprised.

So I will add my thanks to those of our dear friend Rolando. Thanks to Cloudy Nights, to our Sponsors at Astronomics, to our Community of Friends, and above all, to the Benefactor! You all have my inestimable appreciation! And rest assured, the thankfulness of Rolo is magnitudes beyond that.

Edited by Terra Nova, 11 August 2020 - 12:01 PM.

• Jon Isaacs, zjc26138, csa/montana and 25 others like this

#46 The Planetman

The Planetman

Viking 1

• Loc: Western KY

Posted 11 August 2020 - 12:59 PM

Terra, I can not come up with the words that describe how my heart feels after reading your latest post. I am happy for Rolondo, but I'm as equally happy to hear that someone unselfishly is literally giving of themselves to give someone else a life changing, life saving chance. That, my friends, is not only a true hero, but someone who we should all aspire to become; someone who can change a life.
Some beautiful bright news in a time that can seem dark.
To the anonymous donor, you have my utmost respect and thank you for helping our friend.
  • tim53, zjc26138, Jeff B and 5 others like this

#47 icomet

icomet

Mariner 2

• Loc: Montana

Posted 11 August 2020 - 01:52 PM

Best wishes, Rolando,  and a speedy recovery.

Thank you, who ever it is that's donating "this gift of life" to our friend, Rolando.

Clear Skies.

Jeffrey

• Terra Nova likes this

#48 rcwolpert

rcwolpert

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: South Hutchinson Island, Florida

Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:46 PM

Absolutely! The generosity and altruism of the donor is beyond words! As Rolando expressed to me yesterday, how do you ever even begin to thank someone for something like that. In his own words, “such thanks is beyond words.” Rolo was just bowled over by the offer from a selfless person who asked for nothing in return, other than to have helped save a life. Hero! No other word fits his benefactor! Rolando just could not believe it after waiting so long!

The donor will be flying down to Georgia and staying for the operation and their own recovery as well. Rolando also wanted to express his gratitude to Cloudy Nights because without Cloudy Nights and the community that it has brought together, his transplant might never have happened. For it was through that bringing together that made it all possible. So again, yet more evidence of the outpouring of kindness and generosity that many of us have experienced here as other CNer’s have reached out to us, guided only by their own hearts and their willingness to share. Yet such a gift of life like this is far beyond the material; immeasurably so! I will say no more, in order to protect the donor’s anonymity, other than that I know who this fine person is. This amazing and wonderful benefactor is someone among us who I myself have had the good fortune to have met, and on hearing their name, I was not surprised.

So I will add my thanks to those of our dear friend Rolando. Thanks to Cloudy Nights, to our Sponsors at Astronomics, to our Community of Friends, and above all, to the Benefactor! You all have my inestimable appreciation! And rest assured, the thankfulness of Rolo is magnitudes beyond that.

All I can say is “WOW”! And I love this forum.

• Terra Nova, Kasmos, Astrolite and 1 other like this

#49 Kasmos

Kasmos

Gemini

• Loc: So Cal

Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:50 PM

Talk about Free to a Good Home! 

Excuse me for the joke. I couldn't help myself, but as you eloquently said, more evidence of the kindness (in this case ultimate kindness), of the good folks in this forum.. and yes WOW!

• zjc26138, deepwoods1, Terra Nova and 3 others like this

#50 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:04 PM

Maybe he will be using that 7" AP once he is up and going.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics