•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Has anyone heard from Rolo?

• Please log in to reply
479 replies to this topic

#476 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted 06 September 2021 - 05:53 AM

Hope you start posting some more on here from time to time. The trunk is being cleaned out again and looking for something that will fit my fancy. May start a new thread soon.

• rolo likes this

#477 CeeKay

CeeKay

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Vancouver, WA

Posted 06 September 2021 - 08:50 AM

Good to hear from you, Rolo... continued prayers for your health.

• rolo and tag1260 like this

#478 ccwemyss

ccwemyss

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Massachusetts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 11:06 PM

Great to hear that you are back to having the energy to work on some scopes! I was just reading an old thread (I think around 2017) and came across a post by you, where you were looking forward to being able to use the AP 180 once you had your transplant. You'll get there! Despite the setbacks, you've made good progress, and it's just a matter of time. And I'm sure there are some members who would happily come and set it up for you for an observing evening in the meantime, if you felt up to it.

Best wishes!

Chip

#479 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted 07 September 2021 - 05:42 AM

Great to hear that you are back to having the energy to work on some scopes! I was just reading an old thread (I think around 2017) and came across a post by you, where you were looking forward to being able to use the AP 180 once you had your transplant. You'll get there! Despite the setbacks, you've made good progress, and it's just a matter of time. And I'm sure there are some members who would happily come and set it up for you for an observing evening in the meantime, if you felt up to it.

Best wishes!

Chip

If i lived close by i sure would. Not many chances in life to look thru a real 7" APO.

#480 Jeff B

Jeff B

Cosmos

Posted 08 September 2021 - 08:37 AM

Glad to see the junk is coming back to trunk, bro! But then again, I knew it would...

One thing that I've learned, which is true of many of us even though we may not be aware of is that physically, emotionally and mentally we are stronger than we think!  If I could just express what my mind has been through this past year it would be like building a thousand piece puzzle of a solid color.

My donor is not only a hero and the bravest most selfless person I know but also a friend 

Amen brother!  I love your attitude.  Us humans are NOT fragile beings  We are defined by our pains and difficulties in life and the exercise they give us makes us stronger people.   But like after any strong exercise, we need time to rest to let our minds and bodies build from it.  

I'm really glad you're progressing well Rolo.

And don't let that AP 180 go!

Jeff

• tag1260 and Bomber Bob like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics