•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Has anyone heard from Rolo?

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#76 Russell Smith

Russell Smith

Vanguard

• Loc: 76707

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:40 AM

A few years back when I first landed at CN and meet this group I wanted to sign up as a living donor.

Sadly my age prohibited it.  I am an organ donor on my driver's license and if your so inclined I would encourage all to do the same.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon Rolo.

Russ

• Jon Isaacs, Jeff B and Terra Nova like this

#77 Don Taylor

Don Taylor

Apollo

• Loc: Broken Arrow (Tulsa Area) Oklahoma

Posted 16 August 2020 - 07:46 PM

Rolo:   Today being the 16th - I hope all our prayers have been answered and the transplant was successful. About 10 years ago my wife donated a kidney to her brother so I'm aware of the process and challenges involved. We all hope you have a very speedy recovery and get back under the stars soon! 

• Peter B and Dartguy like this

#78 LDW47

LDW47

Cosmos

• Loc: North Bay,Ontario,Canada

Posted 16 August 2020 - 08:55 PM

I don’t know him but I wish him great and lasting luck from up here in Canada !

#79 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Hubble

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:57 AM

My very best wishes to you Rolo..! waytogo.gif waytogo.gif waytogo.gif waytogo.gif waytogo.gif waytogo.gif waytogo.gif

#80 shredder1656

shredder1656

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Indiana

Posted 17 August 2020 - 07:45 PM

Absolute BEST wishes to you, Rolo!  Looking forward to seeing you back in action!  You're in our prayers, sir!

• Terra Nova, rcwolpert and Defenderslideguitar like this

#81 aztrodog

aztrodog

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: South Florida

Posted 19 August 2020 - 05:58 PM

Tomorrow is the day our friend has been waiting for so many years. Surgery is scheduled to start at 10 AM.

Godspeed Rolo!

Angel

• Jon Isaacs, Paul Hyndman, Scott99 and 2 others like this

#82 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted 19 August 2020 - 06:13 PM

Tomorrow is the day our friend has been waiting for so many years. Surgery is scheduled to start at 10 AM.

Godspeed Rolo!

Angel

I am sure it will take a while to adjust and get stronger. But maybe in a month or so we will have more good news...

• Jeff B and Defenderslideguitar like this

#83 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 19 August 2020 - 06:19 PM

Godspeed Rolo!

Angel

Thank you so much for the reminder. 

I think we will all be anxiously awaiting news.

This group is amazing and Terra has been spectacular.

Along with this entire group, I will be thinking and praying for Rolo. Whatever you believe, I think we all pray in our own way. It's part of being.

:praying: 

Jon

• Paul Hyndman, Jeff B, Pete W and 9 others like this

#84 stmarch

stmarch

Sputnik

• Loc: Suffolk Cty, NY

Posted 19 August 2020 - 08:20 PM

My best wishes and prayers Rolo for a smooth surgery and recovery.  I am sure with the attention to detail you have, the meds regimen should be easy for you.

As a fellow kidney patient I had exchanged PMs with Rolo, to give encouragement.

With this kidney transplant treatment,  Rolo should feel terrific compared to dialysis. 

Especially having a living donor who is giving Rolo the gift of life with this kidney. It should provide Rolo with years of health to look up and enjoy his scopes.

To CN members giving a gift of life, such as a kidney, is being done by so many heroes. Like my Brother who gave me my 5th kidney Sept 2018 and his wife who gave her brother in law part of her liver. My father gave me my 4th kidney in 1993. They are all in great health.

Unfortunately there are still some misconceptions about donating and transplantation.

To Rolo's improved future health.

• Jon Isaacs, csa/montana, steve t and 6 others like this

#85 CHASLX200

CHASLX200

ISS

• Loc: Tampa area Florida

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:40 AM

My best wishes and prayers Rolo for a smooth surgery and recovery.  I am sure with the attention to detail you have, the meds regimen should be easy for you.

As a fellow kidney patient I had exchanged PMs with Rolo, to give encouragement.

With this kidney transplant treatment,  Rolo should feel terrific compared to dialysis. 

Especially having a living donor who is giving Rolo the gift of life with this kidney. It should provide Rolo with years of health to look up and enjoy his scopes.

To CN members giving a gift of life, such as a kidney, is being done by so many heroes. Like my Brother who gave me my 5th kidney Sept 2018 and his wife who gave her brother in law part of her liver. My father gave me my 4th kidney in 1993. They are all in great health.

Unfortunately there are still some misconceptions about donating and transplantation.

To Rolo's improved future health.

Many things i don't know about giving a Kidney or such. I guess blood type has to be the same and what chances does one take when giving a Kidney?  I guess if both are fine chances are slim there will be any problems down the road.

That is how my sister passed away. But she had many other problems so dialysis was out for her. 

#86 CeeKay

CeeKay

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Vancouver, WA

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:50 AM

Godspeed Rolo!

Angel

Very well put... prayers for a speedy recovery for Rolo and the donor of his new kidney

Chris

#87 Marc-Andre

Marc-Andre

Apollo

• Loc: New Hampshire

Posted 20 August 2020 - 06:23 AM

Rolo, you're in my thoughts and prayers for today's operation and your recovery!

#88 zjc26138

zjc26138

Loved By All

• Loc: Steubenville, Ohio

Posted 20 August 2020 - 07:36 AM

Praying for you Rolo and for the donor as well.

CN is the absolute best!

• Jon Isaacs and csa/montana like this

#89 Terra Nova

Terra Nova

ISS

• topic starter
  • Loc: Cincinnati Metro Area

Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:38 AM

I spoke with Rolando last night. He was doing well and was very upbeat and positive. I told him all of us here will be pulling for him today and our thoughts and prayers are with him and his donor for a successful surgery and a good and speedy surgery. He said he was due at the hospital this morning and that the surgery would take about four hours. fingerscrossed.gifbow.gifangel2.gif

• Jon Isaacs, tim53, zjc26138 and 19 others like this

#90 steve t

steve t

Viking 1

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:41 AM

I spoke with Rolando last night. He was doing well and was very upbeat and positive. I told him all of us here will be pulling for him today and our thoughts and prayers are with him and his donor for a successful surgery and a good and speedy surgery. He said he was due at the hospital this morning and that the surgery would take about four hours. fingerscrossed.gifbow.gifangel2.gif

Terra - Thank you so much for passing our thoughts on to Rolo.

Steve T 

• Jon Isaacs, Marc-Andre, Terra Nova and 1 other like this

#91 stubeeef

stubeeef

Viking 1

• Loc: NW NC

Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:42 AM

Prayers your way Rolo!

• Terra Nova likes this

#92 Defenderslideguitar

Defenderslideguitar

Gemini

• Loc: Connecticut

Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:45 AM

T minus 15 minutes and counting...…

God speed Rolando  ……

May everything go smooth for both you and the our new favorite donor …..

• Jon Isaacs, zjc26138 and Terra Nova like this

#93 Rick-T137

Rick-T137

Apollo

• Loc: Canada

Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:52 AM

Best wishes Rolo!

• zjc26138 likes this

#94 ltha

ltha

Viking 1

• Loc: Bend, Oregon

Posted 20 August 2020 - 09:32 AM

Rolo texted me earlier this morning:

”My transplant day is finally here it’s 4:30 in the morning and I’m on the way to the hospital now. My surgery is between 10 and 11 AM Eastern time talk to you soon my friend” 

• Jon Isaacs, zjc26138, Jeff B and 14 others like this

#95 DAVIDG

DAVIDG

Voyager 1

• Loc: Hockessin, De

Posted 20 August 2020 - 01:39 PM

God speed my friend. Looking forward to having  you back full of energy and feeling great. Plus who is going to buy all those  DX-8 in a hunt for a good one ! 

- Dave 

Edited by DAVIDG, 20 August 2020 - 01:39 PM.

• Jon Isaacs, tim53, Terra Nova and 1 other like this

#96 Vesper818

Vesper818

Astronomess

• Loc: Right brain, Left Coast

Posted 20 August 2020 - 06:39 PM

Absolutely! The generosity and altruism of the donor is beyond words! As Rolando expressed to me yesterday, how do you ever even begin to thank someone for something like that. In his own words, “such thanks is beyond words.” Rolo was just bowled over by the offer from a selfless person who asked for nothing in return, other than to have helped save a life. Hero! No other word fits his benefactor! Rolando just could not believe it after waiting so long!

The donor will be flying down to Georgia and staying for the operation and their own recovery as well. Rolando also wanted to express his gratitude to Cloudy Nights because without Cloudy Nights and the community that it has brought together, his transplant might never have happened. For it was through that bringing together that made it all possible. So again, yet more evidence of the outpouring of kindness and generosity that many of us have experienced here as other CNer’s have reached out to us, guided only by their own hearts and their willingness to share. Yet such a gift of life like this is far beyond the material; immeasurably so! I will say no more, in order to protect the donor’s anonymity, other than that I know who this fine person is. This amazing and wonderful benefactor is someone among us who I myself have had the good fortune to have met, and on hearing their name, I was not surprised.

So I will add my thanks to those of our dear friend Rolando. Thanks to Cloudy Nights, to our Sponsors at Astronomics, to our Community of Friends, and above all, to the Benefactor! You all have my inestimable appreciation! And rest assured, the thankfulness of Rolo is magnitudes beyond that.

This is making me cry, Terra. God bless Rolo, the donor and you for sharing this. Class act.
Today is the day and i must read to find out!
  • Jon Isaacs, steve t, grif 678 and 4 others like this

#97 Gil V

Gil V

Surveyor 1

• -----

Posted 20 August 2020 - 07:53 PM

God speed my friend. Looking forward to having you back full of energy and feeling great. Plus who is going to buy all those DX-8 in a hunt for a good one !

- Dave

And send them to me when he’s done with ‘em.

Rolo, love ya, buddy. Get well soon.

Edited by Gil V, 20 August 2020 - 07:54 PM.

• steve t and Terra Nova like this

#98 starman876

starman876

Nihon Seiko

• Vendors
  • Loc: VA

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:47 PM

Hope you are doing well and your surgery is behind you and that went well.   The last time we spoke you sent me a scope which is still waiting to be restored.  Looking forward to having you 100%. Heaven knows you have waited long enough for this moment to come.   May God watch over you and help you heal.  I will say a prayer for you.  

• Terra Nova, Bomber Bob and Defenderslideguitar like this

#99 AstroKerr

AstroKerr

Apollo

Posted 20 August 2020 - 11:55 PM

Is anyone else fidgety? I'll be at the desk, fiddling with my pencils 'til we get word... 

• Jon Isaacs, steve t, Marc-Andre and 4 others like this

#100 stubeeef

stubeeef

Viking 1

• Loc: NW NC

Posted 21 August 2020 - 12:13 PM

???

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics